Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pic in signature

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Pic in signature

Sorry guys. I'm not seeing any "insert" to have a pic in my signature. What am I missing lol?
    Just below the box to edit your sig there's a "signature picture" section and shows "your current signature picture" and I uploaded a pic there, and I can see it. But it's not in my actual sig when I post.
    Lisa
    WL HP TBL(goal)

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Pic in signature

I think I found out how to do it.. but even if I tried to have 2 more lines of text under it (or even one longer line) it kept saying I had more than 3 lines so... idk how I've seen people here have a pic plus a couple lines of text lol! Apparently I just don't know what I'm doing
    Lisa
    WL HP TBL(goal)

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I can't figure out why you seem to be limited to two lines. Is it possible you have a first line that is blank?

ETA: It is probably that your fancy characters are filling up the line space with their code!
    Last edited by neko_kawaii; October 15th, 2016 at 05:13 PM.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

^^ Yuppers on the fancy fill up. My sig's at absolute max, and I had to fiddle with some text sizing to get even that. I also found I had to clean it up a bit via choosing Source Mode for editing (top left button in the editing box) as every edit I'd made had left code behind.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Oh I didn't know the size counted and the symbols might be taking up "extra" space too! Thanks!!

Yah see a sig like Crystawni's I didn't think would be possible for me LOL!
    Lisa
    WL HP TBL(goal)

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

A related question - not about picture but the signature in general: I just tried to edit mine, and as I only have 1 line in it at the moment, no pictures or fancy symbols (whatever they are), I thought it would work fine, but I got the error message: "Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 3 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines." Err, yeah, but it's not *that* long... And seeing as so many have photo(s) plus text in their sig, why can't I have just two lines of text?

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It often isn't the length of the line that causes trouble. Choices in font type, size and colour take up room, as they have bracketed codes that have to be added at the start and finish of the line(s) they relate to.

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

^ Ok, thanks for the info; the font size I chose is the smallest visible one , but I will try the other things you mentioned...

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

To give you an idea of how much clutter can end up in a signature taking up line space, here's what mine looks like in Source Mode:

Which, as you can see in my current siggy, ends up like this:

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

^ Well, that makes me wonder even more how are you allowed 3 lines of text plus several photos, equalling about 8 lines in source mode, while I'm not allowed even 2 lines, which can't be even close to as much as yours in source mode

I tried to add the 2nd line as a picture, which prompted no error message, but yet the picture doesn't show in my sig when I post... Oh well.