Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: So I figured that I'd post my progress with henna so far... (general advice, please?)

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: So I figured that I'd post my progress with henna so far... (general advice, plea

Quote Originally Posted by Erizu View Post
    You know, I might just do this. I've seen lots of threads containing people talking about freezing henna but contrasting timings. When do you freeze yours? Straight after mixing or a short time after?
    I wait til after I have dye release, I don't ever time it as I just leave henna sitting and check on it every time I cook maybe 6-7 hours, then I saran wrap it and throw it in the freezer.

Also a heat cap is great for when the henna is on your head, put that baby on and it speeds up the process but I still leave my henna on all night which I should not do anymore cuz meh! My hair is so purply now in the sun I hate it!!!! >_<

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Default Re: So I figured that I'd post my progress with henna so far... (general advice, plea

I mix my jamila with boiling water, it seems to speed up the dye release. I cover and put it some place warm until the top turns orangish, usually around 3 hours or so. If I plan to freeze it, I wait until dye release.

I always make extra mud so I can freeze left overs, makes it easier to do roots at the spur of the moment.

Length
    16/23/27
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

You know, I might just do this. I've seen lots of threads containing people talking about freezing henna but contrasting timings. When do you freeze yours? Straight after mixing or a short time after?
    Most people mix up the henna and wait for the dye release, then freeze.

Length
    Chin/WL/Clsc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I freeze my henna but I do it like this: mix with warm hibiscus tea, let it sit for about an hour (in a plastic baggie with as much air out as I can get) and then throw it in the freezer. It actually works! It stains incredibly well, better than when I let it sit out for hours I've found. I read that all you have to do is wait for dye release to begin, and then it will complete while in the freezer. (Something about the dye molecules bursting when frozen, except I'm not sure this is actually backed up with scientific evidence.)

At any rate, I just wait for dye release to begin, throw it in the freezer and forget it until I need it.
    ◊∞◊ lady seren, charter of the stars in the order of the long haired knights ◊∞◊
    CL - SL - APL- BSL - MBL- WL - HL - TBL
    last box dye: 10/2015 || last cut: 04/2016 || last henndigo: 08/2016 || last henna: 07/2017