Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's my hair type?

Length
    BSL/WL+/Clas
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: What's my hair type?

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I really doesn't matter how the hair looks like x days after washing for hair typing purposes. What matters is how it looks like right after washing and free (no manipulation) drying.

I can't see any 2b there; even (IMHO) is layer of hair seems 2a but has ringlets in the bottom, it's not 2a then. That being said, hair typing can't really be done properly from small detail photos either, it needs to be photos of the whole hair length.

Of course here comes the issue that we are not always fitting into hair typing boxes, because we are so much more varied than these few hair types of Fia's system.

I would probably also put you in 2c/3a for now, just like other's have already suggested. You have so much ringlet action it's more than 2c for sure.
    Yes, unfortunately I have only one full length right-after-washing photo which I have included. Though it's a couple months old. I have some more recent full length shots but my hair has been braided in them so I cannot use them for hairtyping.

I've noticed, too, that there is so much individual variation in hairtypes than the few we have.

There's also the issue that with my dark hair it's hard to see anything in pictures unless there's enough light.

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    I really doesn't matter how the hair looks like x days after washing for hair typing purposes. What matters is how it looks like right after washing and free (no manipulation) drying.

I can't see any 2b there; even (IMHO) is layer of hair seems 2a but has ringlets in the bottom, it's not 2a then. That being said, hair typing can't really be done properly from small detail photos either, it needs to be photos of the whole hair length.

Of course here comes the issue that we are not always fitting into hair typing boxes, because we are so much more varied than these few hair types of Fia's system.

I would probably also put you in 2c/3a for now, just like other's have already suggested. You have so much ringlet action it's more than 2c for sure.
    Agreed, any spirals puts you in wavy curly territory.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    Waist/Clasc/?
    Type
    3a/M/ii

The only problem I see about categorizing you as 2c/3a is that I have to upgrade mine as I don't see spirals in your first picture. Perhaps LHC is slowing tilting towards grade-inflation for everyone.

Not to steal your thread but I figured I will mention here that I did hair typing picture and posted it on my blog.
    Last edited by Beborani; July 28th, 2016 at 06:27 PM.

Length
    BSL/WL+/Clas
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Beborani View Post
    The only problem I see about categorizing you as 2c/3a is that I have to upgrade mine as I don't see spirals in your first picture. Perhaps LHC is slowing tilting towards grade-inflation for everyone.

Not to steal your thread but I figured I will mention here that I did hair typing picture and posted it on my blog.
    Yes, that photo is from may and my hair never spiraled much at that length. It has begun to spiral only recently at waist length.

Also if I'm a 2c/3a, I'm probably more 2c with some 3a thrown in while you seem to be more 3a with some 2c.

ETA: after seeing your pics, I'm sure you're a definite curly. Nowhere near 2c. I'd say 3a/3b.
    Last edited by Anya15; July 28th, 2016 at 08:56 PM.

Length
    CLB+/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I'd say 2c. Gorgeous hair!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Yes just a few spirals (curls) are normal in the definition of 2c. And I see just the few, not the entire head. So...
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

2C. It would be a bit curlier towards the roots w/ more spirals if it was 3A I think. It looks like you could brush it out and get soft waves, which I think would frizz a true curly.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

A beautiful one c:
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    BSL/WL+/Clas
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Thanks everyone. It seems to be a 2c.

Turtlelover, I never brush because I get a frizzy poofy mess if I do. But yes I can comb it out to braid wave-like waves.