Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eco Styler gel or kinky curly custard?

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Eco Styler gel or kinky curly custard?

I can tell you my opinion isn't at least. I picked it up on a whim at Target a couple months ago and haven't used anything else since. It's so weird because it'll be somewhat stiff as it's drying, but once my hair is dry it's very nice and soft. It plays well with the rinse-out oil method too.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    I can tell you my opinion isn't at least. I picked it up on a whim at Target a couple months ago and haven't used anything else since. It's so weird because it'll be somewhat stiff as it's drying, but once my hair is dry it's very nice and soft. It plays well with the rinse-out oil method too.
    Oh no, goodness, that wasn't what I was implying, it's just... so many rave reviews on the product on YT makes you think.

I'm glad you found something that works. It's that I have a big tub of Eco Styler argan oil, a big tub of Eco Styler olive oil, the big tub of the Eco cocktail and a smaller tub of the Eco cocktail, then the Eco custard. So... I'm good. I don't need to be testing out more stuff!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Oh no, goodness, that wasn't what I was implying, it's just... so many rave reviews on the product on YT makes you think.

I'm glad you found something that works. It's that I have a big tub of Eco Styler argan oil, a big tub of Eco Styler olive oil, the big tub of the Eco cocktail and a smaller tub of the Eco cocktail, then the Eco custard. So... I'm good. I don't need to be testing out more stuff!
    Oh, I know you weren't implying. I can find it hard to tell when something gets rave reviews all over too.

I'll admit I'm curious to know your thoughts and opinions on the eco custard. I've been curious about it

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ExpectoPatronum View Post
    Oh, I know you weren't implying. I can find it hard to tell when something gets rave reviews all over too.

I'll admit I'm curious to know your thoughts and opinions on the eco custard. I've been curious about it
    I'll let you know. I'll try that next, great idea, once my LA Looks gel is gone. I think I have at least 5 uses left, so that's 5 weeks. But I'll definitely report back when I use it. I'll use it over a tiny bit of leave-in, or maybe even on its own, I'll see what consistency it has once I open the jar. Definitely will report back!

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Anyone still use ecostyler? There was a whole stink on YouTube about it being damaging which makes me afraid to use it - but when i need to really tame my hair, nothing else compares. The cons are that it dries so crunchy I am afraid that alone is damaging, plus it has protein which my hair doesn't like.

KCCC... I keep going back to this and it never works. I want it to work, but it never dries, I need a lot, and it's no where near the hold of eco. But it would be the healthier option... :/

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Anyone still use ecostyler? There was a whole stink on YouTube about it being damaging which makes me afraid to use it - but when i need to really tame my hair, nothing else compares. The cons are that it dries so crunchy I am afraid that alone is damaging, plus it has protein which my hair doesn't like.

KCCC... I keep going back to this and it never works. I want it to work, but it never dries, I need a lot, and it's no where near the hold of eco. But it would be the healthier option... :/
    I still have my Eco Styler. I am currently using up my gel from Lidl, but when this tube is finished, I will be resuming my tub of Eco Styler (the argan oil one). I have plenty in my stash (different ones) and have no desire to get rid of them!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Eco never worked well for me-not sure if it has glycerin, but that may be why? My hair always felt producty and frizzy. I used to swear by KCCC. Nothing else gave me smoother curls, even in humidity, and I only needed a little but it extended drying time for whatever reason. All of a sudden at one point it seemed to stop working as welll, and I just never revisited it...but now I might.

Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post

EcoStyler didn't really work for me in the long term. It made my ends dry

I know Cantu has some gels that might be worth looking into. I'm experimenting with the Moisture Retention one right now. I don't think it has the most hold but it's certainly better than KCCC.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019

I love the kinky curly knot today because of the awesome slip it provides for detangling; but its pricey for the amount they give and i use alot if it. Im happy using flaxseed gel instead. Cheap and easy to make.
    "You're never too old to be young"- Snow White

I love the kinky curly knot today because of the awesome slip it provides for detangling; but its pricey for the amount they give and i use alot if it. Im happy using flaxseed gel instead. Cheap and easy to make.
    "You're never too old to be young"- Snow White