Yeah, LuxuriousHair, it is so wise to know our own hair and what it can and can't do.

and curl pattern is the least of it.

You tube is a great blessing in many ways. It gives many of us the courage to ditch hairdressers and take over our own hair care, which is wonderful (and of course LHC helps with this too. No offense to the great hairdressers on LHC intended).

However, I think Youtube is also a curse since people look at another person based on ONE characteristic of the person's hair and feel that they will be able to do exactly as that person does. and a lot of people on youtube are, I think, outliers. They get away with stuff that the rest of us do not.

I'm glad the girl in that video has found a solution.

I personally am continuing with no heat. Even when you can get away with some heat and some chemicals, its not a good thing for your hair, IMHO.

(sidenote: Glad my hair is coarse, becasue it retains well, which is good--it grows SO slowly. The retention makes up for that a bit. Wish my hair was fine though, whenever I feel fine hair. Mine is now softer feeling--but never actually soft.)