Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice for a bottle-red transitioning to henna-head?

Length
    16.5/16.5/34
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Advice for a bottle-red transitioning to henna-head?

Okay, I think I'll wait a bit longer to collect more hair strands to test. In the meantime, I do have a question about henna glosses. Would you recommend using a silicone-free conditioner to mix with the henna? Does it make any difference?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Stark View Post
    1.) I have used a box dye somewhat recently, and have gotten conflicting information about disastrous henna/chemical dye reactions. It's been a month and a half since I last dyed my hair, but I am still a bit nervous. There are quite a few horror stories about bad dye interactions, and I'd like to avoid a green monstrosity if at all possible.
    Only indigo will give you green after bleach. After chemical dye, especially when it's a dark color... you won't notice as much ill effects. But still, there is that risk. Whenever peroxide is involved!

BAQ henna? You should be fine, especially more than a month after your last application of a chemical dye.

BUT, always: test strand, especially on the roots of your hair, as that is a different color than the chemical color, and the henna will most likely adhere to the roots differently.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Okay, I think I'll wait a bit longer to collect more hair strands to test. In the meantime, I do have a question about henna glosses. Would you recommend using a silicone-free conditioner to mix with the henna? Does it make any difference?
    Silicones or not, doesn't make a difference whatsoever, it won't influence the dyeing process... if that's what you mean.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/~Clsc/FrTip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Thanks for the advice, it's weird transitioning from box dyes to henna, it requires a lot of guesswork, it seems. What the heck, I'm adventurous! I have a little hairball collecting on my nightstand, I'll probably abuse it pretty soon! I think I'll take a gander at that article in the meantime.
    It's linked in my siggy if that makes it easier to find