Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Longer Your Hair, The More Jealous People Get?

Length
    Chin/Armp/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Default The Longer Your Hair, The More Jealous People Get?

This may sound narcissistic, arrogant, you name it... but I am realizing something very strange. Minus this time, I've had short hair like, maybe a couple of times before. When I say short hair, for a woman, that's usually above her shoulder. Traditionally speaking, at least. Anyway, I realize, whenever I would have shorter hair, I would usually be ignored by men, or they treat me like just like another man, not bad but not flirty or anything like that. Like, as a friend only, I guess you could say?

My hair is growing, it is now at collarbone length... and slowly but surely, men are beginning to notice me again, trying to talk to me about the dumbest stuff, and I would politely respond but try to be distant, as I am married and obviously disinterested. I also notice that my female manager, who used to like me when I was first hired and had my super short bob haircut, now can't stand me anymore as my hair is growing. I know, its insane of me to type this, because you might think, it could be anything? But this happens all the time and its like when I have long hair, people treat me differently, usually in a not so nice way.

So ladies, as your hair grows and people around you grow envious, how do you cope? Especially for the ones with super long hair, I'd imagine people make you feel bad over it, right?
    Chin(start).........Neck.........Collarbone.........Shoulder.........Armpit.........Bra-Strap.........Mid-Back.........Waist(goal)

Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: The Longer Your Hair, The More Jealous People Get?

I have noticed that men pay me more attention. Not in a good way either, like catcalling and such. Drives me nuts! I'm not sure what to do about that, I can't really stop it.

The only other thing is my best friend is a bit jealous. She cut all her hair off (as in a pixie!) and she HATES it (super curly, thick hair...pixie...oy) She's expressed being jealous that my hair is nearing waist and she has to start all over.

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    bald/apl/waist
    Type
    2a/F/iii

No not particularly. Even my ex who had a thing for long hair started dating me when I had a pixie and I still got a great deal of attention with every cut I've had including the mohawk and buzzcut. I do notice a difference in the type of men I'm attracting though, and with longer hair(About 2" past collarbone) I'm attracting moreso the "fling" types. It's very minor though. Other than that, I'm a huge spiritual new-agey type and if you're intentionally looking for a difference in ways people are treating you, you're going to attract/notice even more of a difference in how people are actually treating you. Extreme hair types of any type attract attention, that's a fact, but collarbone length is very "normal" and I'd maybe consider if it's something other than your hair? Maybe the way you carry yourself or behave is different.

Length
    CLB+/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Hi,

Many people may tell you to cut your hair because long hair is boring. Some people might be jealous, others might be giving you their genuine opinions, with no bad intention at all. But yes, it can be jealousy, especially if you notice that those comments come from other women.

However, at work, long hair might not be the best option if you wear your hair loose. I just don't understand why does she get annoyed with collarbone length? Collarbone is very professional even when your hair is loose, in my opinion. So...maybe she is envious, as you say.

But if you grow your hair longer you might to want to bun it to feel more comfortable at work in a more "professional" style. Let's say: corporate world... If you bun it, there's NO WAY your boss could complain...your hair is completely tied!

I already worked as a hotel recepcionist and we also had very strict rules about hair. Buns were for sure the best option for long haired people. We were not allowed to leave our hair loose if we were passing collarbone and we could not have red nails.

My best advice is: just ignore her jealousy and keep growing if it's what you really want for your hair

Be happy!!

Length
    pixie/Calf/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I've spent my long life going from super long to short and back, and I can assure you men give as much attention to shorties as they do long-hairs.

So do some but by no means most women. Envy may play a part in the occasional negative remark, but it is probably unfair to impute unkind motives in general. We cannot know for certain what is in someone else's mind.

I can't recall anyone trying to make me feel bad about my hair choices. (Other than moaning when it went from really long to pixie, and even then it clearly wasn't intended as hurtful.)

Length
    SL+/APL+/HL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I personally believe that if there can be jealous of other women, and attract the man also, I note to cut my hair almost waist to bob 3 years ago, men looked at me much less (it is a nonsense which no made that I liked least my new cut =)) but what most hurt me was what made my friend when I cut it, that's when I saw the jealousy of women, I always had the longer and healthier hair that she and when he cut it kept boast of her hair was bsl +, I said I really liked her long hair and I was gonna grow my hair again, then one day we were drinking beer with some friends I look and said-I at least have long hair (with face hate me =( ) did much damage that, it seems he did not want me to be happy in my way long hair again, was jealous of that he might grow .I can not forget that, I always help she with her hair, teach oil mask and cut the damaged ends, I can not understand that she feels bad to me for wanting my hair grow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    APL+/Hip/Floor
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I don't feel bad at all. Envy is a HUGE compliment. That's how you cope with becoming more and more beautiful every day!

o♡o。.(*´▽`*) .o♡o。.

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Meh, I have not encountered this personally, but most people do not want hair as long as mine. Clearly, the answer is just to keep growing!

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    SL+/APL+/HL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

that's a good way to deal Mya
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You're not asking for men's opinions, but I hope it's all right to chip in with my two cents.

As my hair has grown, on the whole, I've had comments from other men who tell me my hair is too long and that I need to get it cut. I've never experienced jealousy in regard to my hair, or any other part of me.