Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Month No Trimming Challenge // June 2016 - January 2017

Length
    SL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: 6 Month No Trimming Challenge // June 2016 - January 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Lavendersugar View Post
    I'm getting antsy!!! My let my stylist add movement to my ends (she cuts into the ends) on the last trim and now my ends look odd to me. Thinish. Hubby says I'm crazy but come on he's a guy with a shaved head.
    I no longer want to see a stylist. I can take of the front long bangs and I have my mom or hubby for microtrims. Itching to let hubby do a micro trim.

Talk me down!!
    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Maybe consider the 2-week rule. If you still feel like this in 2 weeks: go ahead with your trim. If not, then phew.
    I'm with lapushka, she talked me out of cutting my hair with the 2 week rule.
    Along with that, check your progress photos if you have some. You might feel less tempted to cut if you think that you will loose some of your growth
    Growing natural since December/2014

Length
    Chin/36.5"/TBL+?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I'm motivated by this thread, and I like it. I've been trimming every 3-4 months for the past year or more, but since landing on LHC this week I'm rethinking my habits.

Had my last trim mid June. I figured I'd schedule a trim for my ends in September. But if I commit myself to the idea of waiting until January and have some group support, it could be fun! Also, I've always hated my fairy tale ends. (I actually hadn't heard that term til landing here also.) Now, I'm going to try to embrace them, stay healthy with S&D, and let them be.

Until January! If I want a stronger hemline I can work towards that goal next, but for now I like the idea of growing for growing's sake. And I'm going to try some new wash methods too, so just letting it grow might give me better, more correct growth feedback now that I'm paying far more attention to it than times past.

Length
    SL/MBL/Class
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I am still here , even without micro trimming. It is a long journey till January , but may be then my hair will be BSL stretched.
    Stretched BOB-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL

Curly BOB-Neck-SL-APL -BSL-MBL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I've been doing a lot of S&D lately and I think that my hair is in even better condition than when this challenge started and even then it was in good condition So not trimming until January is no problem for me.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    16/21/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I am joining in maybe a bit late, but better late than never. This challenge is perfect since I had my last cut/trim in the end of June. That means I can't join the "No trims in -16"-tread. My trim was before I decided to start growing my hair again so I had a small trim of the length and cut the layers shorter. Now I am growing out the whole lot. I am at APL with layers as short as chin length. Last time I grew out my hair I trimmed a lot delaying length progress because I wanted blunt ends. This time I will prioritize length until I get to TBL and start maintaining there. This means I will have to put up with some serious taper because of my layers, but I really want length progress so this is what's going to happen. I will join the no trimming challenges along the way on the way to tailbone.
    Growing my natural hair color since 1st of July 2016.

SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL

Length
    N/A/67/84/Termi
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Hi, I'm in. Last cut was 4th June

Length
    19/24/28
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

yay - I can join this one - this post came at the right time as I was getting the urge to cut. My last cut was on the 19th May ... back away from the hairdressers....
    19" - 20" - 21" - 22" - 23" - 24" - 25" - 26" - 27" - 28"
    ***learning the art of hair growth patience with benign neglect ***

Length
    SL/Hip/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Maybe consider the 2-week rule. If you still feel like this in 2 weeks: go ahead with your trim. If not, then phew.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfa View Post
    I'm with lapushka, she talked me out of cutting my hair with the 2 week rule.
    Along with that, check your progress photos if you have some. You might feel less tempted to cut if you think that you will loose some of your growth

Thank you! Two wel rule it is!
    Started growing 10/2014 {SL* APL * BSL * MBL * WL * Hip * TB *Classic}

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Im at 10 months without a trim and it's been great because finally, finally! I can feel the ends of my hair on my upper waist when i wash it. Something I've never experienced before and it's awesome.

Sure i have massively fairy-tale ends but I'm all about seeing how long i can grow at the moment.

The uge to trim is fading away. Thanks to everyone for being a part of these threads. I never would have tried this if it hadn't been for LHC.

Length
    twa/twa/waist
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

I'm bowing out; I got rid of the colour damaged bits, and now need to get it shaped.

It was fun while it lasted..