View Poll Results: Do Your Parents Like Your Long Hair?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • They like my hair.

94 47.24%
  • They don't like my hair.

39 19.60%
  • I don't know if they like my hair.

66 33.17%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Your Parents Like Your Long Hair?

Default Re: Do Your Parents Like Your Long Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Freija View Post
    My dad and granddad adore my hair. They say it is beautiful, shiny and soft, and very like my grandmother's in colour (I was never able to meet her). My dad treats me to a haircut a couple of times a year; there's a stylist I really love, who is very gentle and supportive of my desire for long hair and although she is an hour away by train he and I make a day of it - we meet up, he gets coffee and reads a paper while I'm in the salon then we go to a gallery or museum together, have lunch, etc.. My granddad always asks very worriedly, 'oh, you didn't cut it?!' every time he sees me and I have it tied back, including when I visited him in hospital right after he had just been through a heart attack... it makes me feel very special and very loved by them both.

My aunt is indifferent. She much prefers short hair on her girls, but it's because she thinks we have nice faces that long hair hides, so I don't mind! She means it lovingly, and she never comments or criticises because she knows that long hair is what I want. She said it was special once, and if I'm happy with it then she is. : )
    My maternal grandmother had very long hair. She wore it in a braid wrapped around her head, and washed it only using rainwater that they collected in a barrel. My grandfather died very shortly after she did, a very long time ago now, back in the 1970s. I don't think he could face life without her.

Nope, but they can't be surprised that I finally grew it out, so they really don't mention it much.

Length
    sl/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

My dad doesn't really care about my appearance. If I get a cut or colour he'll give the usual compliments but I don't think he's particularly bothered what my hair looks like.
    Proud mama and fiancée
    Chin length

Type
    2a/M/ii

My dad used to hate it when I dyed and cut my hair. He also hated it when my mother did it; I don't think my mom cares too much but I'm sure she likes it short. My father died in January of 2016 and he loved it long; now that it's short I find that he was right. I'll grow it out long because I like it and I know he always loved it that way.
    Last edited by Otempura; August 20th, 2017 at 12:53 PM.

Length
    17/17/30
    Type
    2b/F/ii

My hairs not as long as some of y'all, but so far haven't heard any complaints. We'll see in a few years!

Banned
    Type
    1b/C/iii

yes they do and want it longer as do i

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

my mum loves it and encouraged me to grow it even when I wanted to get it considerably shortened, for which I'm grateful. She also likes to pet it when it's down and remarks how long it's getting. She used to have about TBL in collage but my great-aunt (her father's sister) convinced her to get pixie cut and she has been maintaining it ever since, even though I tried to change her mind she won't budge, bc apparently while growing it would annoy the back of her neck and she can't stand that (yes, I told her about putting it up, didn't help).

my dad on the other hand kind of hates it/ignores it. When I was cca 5 he shaved both me&my brother for the summer to "make our hair grow stronger and thicker" (his mother always says I should be grateful for this, but I'm very doubtful it worked), and I have memories from that day as it kind of scarred me for life. Since I was allowed to I grew my hair long and to my liking (at least shoulder length) he reacts to every small complaint about it (e.g. tangles) with "Should I cut it?" or "I can just shave it off and you won't have to complain again" so I long stopped any conversation about the topic when he's around. Also after dyeing with henna for more than a year he finally noticed it he accused me of being ashamed of my heritage/ancestors and looking like a gypsy (in my country it's used like a curse, I have nothing against them) and remarked that "many people would kill to be a nice blondish white girl". Usually he's not so racist but this kind of pissed him off.

Length
    ???/WL?/Clas.
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

I don't know if they like it or not, but it's been long for so, well...long that I think they would probably be quite worried about me if I cut it to SL or above.

My mom loves my hair. She actually thinks I grow it to please her! LOL My dad likes it, too. They find it much more attractive than my other sisters' shorter hair styles. I've always loved long hair. I don't grow it for them but for myself. I think if I were to even joke about cutting it, mom would freak out! Hmm... I'm gonna try that next time I see her! Just to be a stinker!

Length
    SL/MBL/Class
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I don't know what my dad thinks about it. My mom has passed away but she would have liked it, I guess. My mother in law likes long hair, but she offers me a blow drier every time she sees my hair ....
    Stretched BOB-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL

Curly BOB-Neck-SL-APL -BSL-MBL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL-CL