Thread: Sulfur- where to find it and how to use it

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Default Sulfur- where to find it and how to use it

I have been reading a bit about the use of Sulfur to promote hair growth and was looking through a list of sulfur products and decided i would rather make my own .
    Where could i find it at and how do you use it?
    i understood there is a limit on how much should be used topically i belive it was no more then 7% sulfur
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

If you go to a beauty supply store they sell tubs of sulphur for use in face masks for acneic skin. So you could buy it there....i remember seeing them in Sally's years ago. I'm glad you asked this though as i've often thought about it but never got further than that.

I'll be really interested in your results so please do keep us posted?
    Last edited by ChloeDharma; March 21st, 2008 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

One-Handed Typist, NAK birdiefu's Avatar
    Length
    14/42/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

You would be looking for sublimated sulfur or 'flowers of sulfur' (or sulphur as the spelling can go either way). You can find this at most pharmacies if you ask, or online. You might find some at wiccan or other alternative sites as ritual powders. Sublimated sulfur is dispersible in oil, but will settle after sitting for a time, so shake it up before using. If you are looking for water-soluble sulfur, that is MSM (and this is white, the other sulfur is yellow), but it is best used orally and not topically.

For usage rate, it is usually used at 5-10% for topical use. Make sure this is by weight, not volume. You can mix it with whatever oils, infusions, and/or EOs you like too- as long as it's an oil base and the sulfur doesn't exceed 10%.

From BSL to Classic in 4 years, thanks LHC!
    Waiting for DH to come home safe from Iraq around May '10

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Fanastic thanks for replying ChloeDharma and Birdiefu
    here
    My Hair Blog:

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

i've heard about sulphur too and wondered if it would do anything. I've been eyeing a product in the ethnic section called "sulphur 8", wonder if i should give it a shot.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

to make your own get some MSM pills, empty them into a mixture of castor oil and olive oil (or any other oil) and mix, this is all these sulfur oil mixes are!

or alternatively mix 3 egg yokes, mix with a little oil of your choice and apply to your head! yokes are rich in sulfur too!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by birdiefu View Post
    You would be looking for sublimated sulfur or 'flowers of sulfur' (or sulphur as the spelling can go either way). You can find this at most pharmacies if you ask, or online. You might find some at wiccan or other alternative sites as ritual powders. Sublimated sulfur is dispersible in oil, but will settle after sitting for a time, so shake it up before using. If you are looking for water-soluble sulfur, that is MSM (and this is white, the other sulfur is yellow), but it is best used orally and not topically.

For usage rate, it is usually used at 5-10% for topical use. Make sure this is by weight, not volume. You can mix it with whatever oils, infusions, and/or EOs you like too- as long as it's an oil base and the sulfur doesn't exceed 10%.
    oops didnt read first, great minds think alike!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    i've heard about sulphur too and wondered if it would do anything. I've been eyeing a product in the ethnic section called "sulphur 8", wonder if i should give it a shot.
    OMG stay away from that stuff. That is actually what got me started on the whole sulfur thing. I got to reading about ppl having good hair growth from it went out and got some- it's vasoline with sulfur mixed in it, that crap left my hair so greasy i had to use dawn soap and mmt treatments to get my hair back in shape lol
    Last edited by suicides_eve; March 22nd, 2008 at 10:01 PM.
    here
    My Hair Blog: