Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shortened ponytail (a new idea?)

Length
    40.6/45.6/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Default Re: Shortened ponytail (a new idea?)

That was a lucky mishap, it really looks good.

This is my version of a shortened pony tail, I just make knot on my hair, like a knot on a string and put a hairstick through to hold it in place.
    https://scontent-lcy1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/187269095_10158652152164011_6714569555409474266_n.  jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3t0z8DrmzYgAX9mn43M&_nc_h  t=scontent-lcy1-1.xx&oh=2a06851c05d9cf14a8913bb90a73988e&oe=60C623  D8

Length
    waist/clsc/???
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

That looks great, I'll have to try it. I can never make a Pha bun work; it ends up way too tight, but maybe this will work.

I also like the tying my hair in a knot method. Because it's lazy.

Here's a shortened ponytail I did a long time ago. It's a Chinese bun with the ends ponytailed and a piece of hair wrapped around the elastic. I started the bun with the tails going down over the stick, crossed them over once, then ponytailed, but when I tried it with the ends going up and crossing twice it shortened my hair to BSL. Unfortunately I can't find the tutorial.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Lady Ilium, Spellweaver and Technomancer in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    1c/2a,M,ii. Maintaining at classic for now.

Length
    MBL26/FTL49/KL51
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Ooh that's cute, and a neat idea! You should name it. The Dessi tail or something.
    Thank you! I'm sure someone has probably found it, but since it doesn't have a name, let it be the Dessi tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    Very cute! If you want a French Twist you can wrap the "tail" round and round one or two fingers to make a small roll of hair which you then tuck underneath the twist part of your hair, you can pin it under with a couple of bobby pins, and voila! You have a French Twist! That's how I do one at my length, anyway.
    Thank you for the idea very much!

Thanks to all! I'm glad you like it. I also love your shortened ponytails.
    Robot Ninja, I once saw your photo and was amazed at how nice it looked. I tried doing it, but my hair wasn't long enough back then so it didn't really work.
    MBL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ TBL ~ Classic ~ Mid-thigh ~ Knee
    My blog: http://dessislonghairjourney.blogspot.bg/

~ Jesus My Saviour Forever! ~