Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best place to buy Shea or Cocoa butter? Can you use it in your hair?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Best place to buy Shea or Cocoa butter? Can you use it in your hair?

My Cococare stick smells like white chocolate (as white chocolate is just the butter, no cocoa) and like a very delicate milk chocolate. If your husband doesn't like it, just save it for weekdays. I don't think the scent lingers very long at all. They are whiffable at stores

Length
    50"/60"/floor
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: Best place to buy Shea or Cocoa butter? Can you use it in your hair?

Ok I am going to Grocery Outlet tomorrow. Hopefully I won't drag my friend to every one in the metro area. I'm getting possibly more excited than I should be about this.

Plus I just found out from the doctor that I probaby have candida overgrowth...so lucky me I get to go on a sugar-free diet for probably a loooong time. This way even if I can't EAT yummy things I can still SMELL like them.

Length
    20/Knee/Ankle
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
    My favorite shea butter is from www.agbangakarite.com

My favorite place for cocoa butter and other stuff for home-made lotion sticks is www.organic-creations.com .
    Dolly, you are a horrible enabler. I just looked at the Organic Creations site and now I'm going to have to order all of their carrier oils and butters to conduct my hair experiments.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Eryka View Post
    Dolly, you are a horrible enabler. I just looked at the Organic Creations site and now I'm going to have to order all of their carrier oils and butters to conduct my hair experiments.
    I agree. Wonderful links, very enabling.

Length
    27/36"/long
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I got my shea butter at the health food store. I do use it in my hair. I mix it with coconut oil. It is also great for dry skin.
    Pegasus Marsters 117th wife
    Life is like a hot bath...the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get.

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eryka View Post

I love Organic Creations, and I have been shopping with her for about 3 or 4 years now....that is the only place I buy my cocoa butter, jojoba oil, and coconut oil (I also buy other things from her occassionally)......the owner is very nice and the products are always top-notch! Enjoy!!
    Last edited by Dolly; October 13th, 2008 at 05:56 PM.

Length
    CHIN/BSL-/??
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I am so excited.....I just ordered a new product from Organic Creations.....it is called "aloe butter", and it is actually aloe juice infused into virgin coconut oil.....I think my hair is really going to like that! I thought it might add a little twist to my heavy oilings.....

Lady Maniai of the Unquenched Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    31.5/32.1/35.5
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I like shea butter in my hair. It's not oily, just makes my hair very soft. If I overdo it, it won't look greasy, just feel sticky... that abou as nasty! Just be sure to melt it thoroughly before applying, my butter tends to harden into little grains if too much of it is left in one strand, not good...