Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you change name?

Type
    2a/C/ii

Default Can you change name?

Maybe this is a silly question, but I have wondered for some time now. I have no idea why I picked Estrid, I think I just took something because I wanted to look around LHC and then forgot about the name and just went on.

Now it is bothering me because the name is soooo -not me-. Would it be possible to change it?

Thanks in advance

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Can you change name?

Generally no, we don't grant name-changes without a strong reason.

FWIW, though, I rather like yours.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Generally no, we don't grant name-changes without a strong reason.

FWIW, though, I rather like yours.
    Aw, that's a shame!

I suppose it is not allowed to make a new account either? Estrid is a nice name, it is just not for me.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Sorry, no. I sympathize, but we try to stay firm on it, to avoid at-whim name-changing confusion.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Sorry, no. I sympathize, but we try to stay firm on it, to avoid at-whim name-changing confusion.
    Not even if this account is deleted? :/

I'm quite sure I don't want to walk around with this name. If I'm not allowed to change name and not allowed to make a new account I don't know how to deal with it. I've tried to just get used to it for a year, but it is only bothering me more and more.

New growth is wild brickworld13's Avatar
    Length
    SHL/CL+/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

It took me a long time to come to grips with my screen name. I chose it because it was supposed to be the when and where of my marriage. That engagement dissolved in a really bad way and I still have this username. It's grown on me and I'm ok with it now. I think your personality comes through in posts more than in your username.
    The Harmonious Rachel, Songbird in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by brickworld13 View Post
    It took me a long time to come to grips with my screen name. I chose it because it was supposed to be the when and where of my marriage. That engagement dissolved in a really bad way and I still have this username. It's grown on me and I'm ok with it now. I think your personality comes through in posts more than in your username.
    Sorry to hear that, can't be fun :/ but I suppose your name then got some meaning and history behind it because of that (even if not a very nice one). Estrid is nothing to me and has never been anything to me, it is just a random name. I could never play a character in a game without it having a name I felt connected to, I've no idea why I did not care to think before I picked this name here. I have enjoyed the forums here a lot and that is probably the main reason as to why I've kept on anyway.

Since it is not allowed I'm now considering changing my pic to a pic of the name I want, but that would mean no pic. Tough one.

Type
    2a/C/ii

Maybe I could draw a picture of something and have the name big in the middle? I'd be the "please call me ___"-person,

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

You could certainly sign all your posts with a nickname you would rather people address you by. Folks might pick up on that and use it.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    pixie/Hip/n/a
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Estrid View Post
    Maybe I could draw a picture of something and have the name big in the middle? I'd be the "please call me ___"-person,
    You can always put your preferred name in your Location (call me baby-cakes!) and/or a signature line. (I'm Estrid but I prefer to be called baby-cakes!) It's just a log in name, it doesn't reflect who you are.

I think that name changes are probably discouraged because people can act like a butt-head, change their name and then nobody would realize who it was. I get why the forum wants us to keep our names as they were when we registered. Also, it probably keeps people from pulling weirdness like changing their name to (I'm_stalking_Estrid) or Estrid_marry_me!) or something like that. (People do weird things sometimes.)

I like your name, it's unique.