Page 96 of 127 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast

Thread: No trimming 2016!

Length
    Pixie/45/45
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: No trimming 2016!

Five months in!! Still going with it, I'm waiting till July to see if I need a trim.
    Pixie *SL * APL * BSL * WL * HL * Curly Waist
    SL Dec '13, APL Mar '15, bsl Dec '15, WL Dec '16, HL Dec '17, TBL Dec '18, CL Dec'19

Hi, I'm completely new to LHC and have followed the Classic length by Christmas 2015 thread, and finally decided to trim my classic + length hair December 2015 and I'd love to join this thread for funsies. This year my goal is to grow it however long it gets and trim about 1/2" or so (depending on the length) by this December. I'm inching back to classic and that's been my goal for a few years now. I'm short (5') and classic on me is 39 1/2", so I'm looking forward to progress

Length
    17/37/43
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I did my first S&D of the year (I'm really lazy.), and didn't find nearly as many splits as I expected. I was really worried at the idea of not trimming with my hair being as long as it is (not that it's long by LHC standards, or anything, but it's longer than I've ever had it so I'm a little cautious about doing different things to it, y'know?), but it seems like I shouldn't of been -- my hair has been totally trim free (and was S&D free) for 7? months (I haven't trimmed since early October.) and my ends are totally fine.
    Well, maybe they're a little dry, but it's nothing that a dc can't fix.
    SH - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - Classic and beyond

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I am totally surprised that we are already almost halfway through the year! I am only now starting to have the urge to cut. My hair is unhappy about something all of a sudden, and brushing seems to make it madder. Cloud hair is turning into Octopus hair. But it's almost long enough to do LWB's again, so the Octopus will soon be under control.

Oh, and I made it back to BSL--5" of growth since October!
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Looking at my blog elsewhere, it seems I have grown four inches this half-year. Considering I thought I was in a stall, I'm pretty happy with that!
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hisbride View Post
    Hi, I'm completely new to LHC and have followed the Classic length by Christmas 2015 thread, and finally decided to trim my classic + length hair December 2015 and I'd love to join this thread for funsies. This year my goal is to grow it however long it gets and trim about 1/2" or so (depending on the length) by this December. I'm inching back to classic and that's been my goal for a few years now. I'm short (5') and classic on me is 39 1/2", so I'm looking forward to progress
    Welcome, hisbride.
    I just noticed this six month no trim challenge, which might interest you
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=137977
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hisbride View Post
    You can't trim until after January 1st. This challenge runs from January 1st to January 1st of each year. Just FYI.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    Looking at my blog elsewhere, it seems I have grown four inches this half-year. Considering I thought I was in a stall, I'm pretty happy with that!
    Congrats on the good growth, TPN!
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Length
    14/14/...?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    Well, that's a pretty good growth rate going on. Is that lower than normal for you? Or was is just feeling like it wasn't growing?

My hair feels like it's not growing, but every month there's another half-inch on the measuring tape.
    Grew to knee and chopped to a pixie June 2020
    Started growing again May 2021

Thank you truepeacenik and lapushka!