Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Strange Habit!

Type
    1c/C/iii

Default Re: A Strange Habit!

Oh, I admit I am weird.

I have in the past collected al my shed hairs during the course of a year and then attached clumps of it on tree branches in the early Spring for the birds to use as nesting material. It is very popular for that purpose and I get a kick out of watching the birds tease a bit of hair out from the clump and take it to "feather" their nests.

My hair is turning white and when I have pure white waist length hairs, I intend to save each one that sheds in order to ultimately make a wig for myself when I am an older lady.

Ha! Weird and proud!
    Amo, amas, amat, amodimethicone, ammonium laureth sulphate....I'm feeling the love .

Length
    Pixie/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    I don't save human hair, but I do have a sealed Ziploc bag of my collie's hair from a few years ago. Her undercoat was (and is) so unbelievably soft, clean, and fluffy that I decided to save some of the best quality hair to make something out of. I kid you not, the stuff is like lamb's wool. I just haven't gotten around to using it or having someone make yarn from it. I hope that doesn't come across as too weird!

I'm a spinner and it is not unusual for people to have pet fiber spun into yarn.

Type
    2a/F/i

I have been collecting my shed hairs and hair from trims along with my cats brushed undercoat in a large bag. I'm donating it to an organization that uses the fibers to mob up oil spills.

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

We found a bag with someone's ponytail in it when we were going through my grandma's house after her death. It wasn't her color, it isn't my color or my mom's or aunt's color. We really don't know who it was from. So....be sure to label your keepsake ponytail.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    I have been collecting my shed hairs and hair from trims along with my cats brushed undercoat in a large bag. I'm donating it to an organization that uses the fibers to mob up oil spills.
    That's a noble cause, kudos!

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Nope, not a hair collector (unless you count babies first haircut locks) IF I did I could probably fill a room by now, I SHED a LOT, always have prob always will. I had a major shed after my youngest, and/or IUD insertion that I still have not quite recovered from, my hair used to be much thicker and it could be age, but I'm not too worked up about losing what I lost, it makes it less poofy! It did thin out a bit more than I would have liked but still enough that hairdressers say I have "a lot of hair" but here it is "average" and that is okay!
    My Mother shed a ton too, so it is prob a genetic thing. ALTHOUGH it could be some with thyroid issues too, I'm testing out a low dose to see if it helps so maybe I'll get some hair back! Again I am not holding my breath if it does not.

But yeah, SOME things I can see as normal, others, not so much. Though I know of some who will save and dispose of it in a way they prefer, *cough* some Witches/Pagans are really concerned about hair, others not so worried
    I've also heard conflicting things about hair after a trim some throw it to the birds and others don't (as the superstition is that it will cause a headache due to bird chatter) Me I say the birds need warm nests!

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I saw one once who spun her own hair into an outfit, the thought alone makes me itch
    I spin too, and I can see Pomeranian or husky fur, my Beagle or Chi/terrier mix not so much haha

Length
    APL/HIP/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I sometimes "save" brush hair to do color "experiments" on. Basically color swatches and or using lightener or various products to see how my hair will react before I put it on my hair and end up with a hideous color or fried hair.

Maintenance trims to grow back thickness