Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shapley's mtg oil?

Length
    APL/Waist/+++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: shapley's mtg oil?

That's where I got mine from. I usually order online because it's a bit of a trek :P. But I have actually been in once when I was South of the River for another reason and it's a really wonderful place, lots of big jars on the walls filled with herbs.

Redheads not warheads.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Monnie View Post
    That's where I got mine from. I usually order online because it's a bit of a trek :P. But I have actually been in once when I was South of the River for another reason and it's a really wonderful place, lots of big jars on the walls filled with herbs.
    You know, until i checked on there i was going to ask you where you got yours from. It really is a trek even for me being "south of the river" but i notice it's much cheaper than alot of places so worth it....i'm just nervous of getting lost around elephant and castle! I might break my rule just once (ok twice as amazon is tempting me too right now) and order from their site.
    If you make sulphur oil again let me know how it turns out?
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I finally made the sulfur oil. The supfur is not completely dissolved but it is sully dispersed in the oil. It settles out over time but a shake or two and everything is mixed.

Sulfur and oil mixed before I put it into the bottle.

On last Thursday I used that for the first time as a prewash scalp oiling. The texture of the oil is milky type of smooth not an oily smooth. The smell wasn't bad, mum checked too. There was no itching after I massaged it on, there usually is after some oils.

It washed out fine with non SLS shampoo (Burt's bees).

Minimal gunk by the end of the week. A lot less dry sebum and a bit of mobile sebum instead.

Second time prewash oiling was good too but didn't wash out as well ( I likely over oiled a bit) and while the odor is normally not detectable, I smell it and it's driving me nuts. I plan to wash again tomorrow but the scalp is happy.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1c/M/ii

Just stopping by to say that it definitely makes a difference for me. Whenever I use it a couple times a week, I see about 10% of my normal shedding in the tub, and if I use it like this consistently for just two weeks I get a shock at how much growth has occurred. I can see progress from one landmark to another, like the front will have gone from just under the earlobes to the curve of my jaw in two weeks. Swear. I leave it on overnight before I wash in the morning or all day for one day with my hair in twists and a bandanna wrapped like a headband to hide the greasiness and keep the stench closer. I would do it more if it didn't stink so bad and if it wasn't so oily.
    Maybe my worst haircut ever.
    Cleaned up and collar length by Christmas

The Pusuit Of Hippieness Natalia's Avatar
    Length
    L-BSL/CLSC/Mid-T
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mira-chan View Post
    ETA: Note to self any anyone that wants to try making this.

Sulfur oil 5% concentration (lower then 7% to be safe)
    50ml total end product.
    Weigh out 2.5 g sulfur, put a bit of oil in the measuring container. Add the sulfur powder, then add the carrier oil to 50 ml a bit at a time mixing a bit in between adding more. Make sure all the sulfur is diluted.

Test for reaction before use!!!
    This idea has been floating in my head since shortly after i joined ive just never put it to action partially out of laziness and partially becasue i havent found anywhere i but just plain sulfer. I have MSM but it isnt oil soluble (at least not when ive tried adding it to my homemade hand balm) so im a bit perplexed how to go about this without having to order it online. Any advice?

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Ok, I am breaking my "don't-reply-until-I-have-read-all-the-responses" rule to reply to this.

Shapleys has a VERY strong smell, much like beef jerky. You can wash and wash and it takes some time to get the smell out. It smells somewhat like a hickory smoke campfire, and not that it is unpleasant, but for HAIR??? I had the stuff on hand for my horses and YES it works on them but I only used it once on me because the SMELL. I know it has been marketed for humans and am not sure how that product smells. I have heard some get bad headaches from it. Amazingly, as I am very prone to headaches for any reason, I did not.

I DO take MSM and find I had pretty decent results (or so it seems). I prefer that to the MTG.

ETA: If anyone needs the ingredients list for MTG I can look on my bottle and post it.
    Last edited by WaitingSoLong; September 14th, 2010 at 07:15 AM.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018

Length
    pixie/Nape/25+
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Oh my Gosh! I tried this stuff. I seriously read about it as much as I could find online, and I ordered me some from an online pet store. I used the half the bottle, diluting it in carrier oil, Grape seed, and religiously applied it 3+ times per week using scalp massage method. I am very aware of my growth rate, been tracking it for years now. I'm not bragging, just anal. And I saw no increased growth from this. I don't know if I still have the pictures, I know without pics it never happened, right? But seriously the only thing I got from this was a very, very stinky head.
    I haven't given up completely on sulphur though, lately I've been trying to think of a way to incorporate that into my massage routine. But I think the MTG has Cade or Mineral Oil, or something. Even dulited it was wayyy too greasy and it stunk
    We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves. - Dalai Lama

Growing by Benign Neglect In2wishin's Avatar
    Length
    15/BSL/TB
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Here is some info I found. Granted, it is about making an ointment for scabies but the general info about sulphur is good. http://www.safe2use.com/scabiesboard/2005_03/12493.html

I also found it here: http://www.carolina.com/product/8932...pc_gl_Products but they will only ship to businesses and schools.

I just found this Ebay seller for a small amount: http://cgi.ebay.com/Sulphur-Brimston...item53dc5562bd
    Last edited by In2wishin; September 15th, 2010 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Additional source