Thread: How Often?

Default How Often?

I'm not sure if this is the right board to be posting this or not.

I recently bought a BBB and wooden pin brush and was curious how often should I clean them if I'm going water only. I don't want to wash them every day but I don't want to be pushing more old serum through my hair (ew).

Length
    17/45/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: How Often?

I clean my brushes once a week, but I also use shampoo/conditioner on my hair versus water only, so you definitely might need to clean them more often than that depending on how much oil your scalp produces. If you're particularly oily, every day or every other day, but if you aren't, I'm sure you can go a few days between washing the brush and it should be fine. Best advice, trial and error. Try to see how long you can go between washing it before it starts to look a little...off, and let that be your judge.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Weekly sounds good, but you'll find it varies how much you'll need to. When I was doing WO, there was a period at about 2-3 months out where I had a lot of gray sebum building up on my brushes, and probably needed to wash them more. Then that went away again and never came back.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    APL/Elbow/Elbow
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii

Yeaaah, when I was doing WO, I had to wash them daily or even after every use. I brushed morning and night. It depends on how oily your hair gets of course. I think you will be able to tell when it needs washing.
    ♪♫ You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty! But who cares? No big deal. I want mooore ♪♫

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

This stuff probably depends on the frequency of use, the overall oiliness, as well as lint/dust attraction...

If you use it day and night, I would clean it every couple days / every few days, if you have the time. I would think it should make the cleaning process faster, if it's done relatively frequently so there isn't much to clean every time?

Thanks everyone!! I'll probably end up doing it every day or every other day but I'll keep a close eye on the build up on the brush for when to clean it.