View Poll Results: Do you use dry shampoo?

Voters
278. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I use dry shampoo regularly

104 37.41%
  • No, I stretch washes naturally

174 62.59%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you use dry shampoo?

Type
    3b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Do you use dry shampoo?

I don't use it, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or I just haven't found the right one, but if I do use it I find it makes my hair feel dirtier and I feel like I really need to wash it then.

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

No, I much prefer a good old shower. I've used cocoa powder as a dry shampoo instead, works great but I just like the bouncy feeling of proper cleaned hair better!!!

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>

Length
    chin/TBL/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

I still haven't found one that I really like.
    The Batiste one (I had the XXL Volume one) made my hair reeeally dry, like proper dry, and stiff.
    Now I have one by Tresemme, it makes my hair much less drier but it doesn't do a great job on absorbing the oiliness. Roots look ok-ish for a couple of hours, then it's back to square one, greasy again.... I want to stretch for at least a day, not only for a couple of hours!!

So, no... still haven't found one that does the job and makes my hair really look refreshed...

Length
    26/36/40
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I use it to keep my greasy face-framing sections under control, since I only wash my scalp once a week. It has the side-effect of giving my bangs a nice little pouf.

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I voted that I use it because I do, but not all the time. Some times I just let it go greasy and wear it in buns. It just depends on how I feel and if I want to wear my hair down before It's time to wash it, or I feel like washing it. I use the herbal essences spray dry shampoos. Any of them because they all pretty much have the same ingredients, but I prefer the one that is marketed towards color preservation, the one in the pink can that smells like roses. I have pretty dark hair, in my avatar I have a red ombre that makes it look lighter, but the roots are about 2-3 shades lighter than black and their tapioca starch formula seems to work good on my hair.
    Last edited by calmyogi; July 26th, 2015 at 12:36 PM.
    Lady Nisaba, Scribe of the Celestial Scrolls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I've been trying to find dry shampoo fkr my mom as she will have surgerie in a few weeks and will not be able to get her hair wet very often.. any rband recommendations? Never tried it.. I'm european

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LeMimi13 View Post
    I've been trying to find dry shampoo fkr my mom as she will have surgerie in a few weeks and will not be able to get her hair wet very often.. any rband recommendations? Never tried it.. I'm european
    LeMimi13, have you looked into so-called no-rinse shampoo caps? That's no rinse shampoos that are specifically designed for hospital stays: http://www.norinse.com/no-rinse-prod...ampoo-cap.html
    They look like this or this.
    Unlike dry shampoos (which are essentially hair powders - they absorb some oils and allow to stretch washes by a day or two, but they don't really clean thoroughly), shampoo caps clean hair and scalp, so might be worth looking into.
    Best of luck for your mom's surgery! I hope it goes really well!

Length
    14"/35"/51"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I love the dry shampoo from LUSH. It actually works, and smells really good

Back in black, and growing to the bitter end.

APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Tailbone ~ Butt ~ Classic

Length
    16.1/30.31/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I use it once in a while, especially in the winter, when my bathroom is cold
    The brand I use is called Batiste, it works ok. There is a bit of a scent in it and it makes my hair look less greasy, but that's really all it does. It looks great for the outside world, but when I run my fingers trough it it is still greasy. Still, it is enough to delay washing for another 1 or 2 days.
    May 12th 2012, virgin hair back!
    chin, shoulder,apl,bsl,waist, hip,tailbone, classic.
    Hip length expected in January 2016.

Length
    27/57/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I've never used actual dry shampoo, just baby powder- or face powder; I find the puff really convenient for getting it into my roots. But I mostly just keep washing my hair frequently. When I wash only every other day, I'll use it to make my roots not glue themselves to my scalp on day 2. And even washing every night, at times I've used it in the afternoons; especially if it's really hot and I've been wearing a motorcycle helmet a lot, and then I go back out in the evening (now that I avoid moisturizing shampoos, that seems to be less of a problem- at least I can get through a full day before it gets gross).