Page 1 of 196 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: No trimming club!

Length
    21/47.5/?
    Type
    2c/M/C/ii

Default No trimming club!

Calling all non-trimmers, old and new! If you're fed up with losing length to trims or cuts, join the club! Individual split ends snipping (search & destroy) doesn't count

Post here how long you've not been trimming, and/or how long you want to abstain from it. What goals do you want to reach before you grab the scissors? Do you want to maintain or develop fairy tale ends? Have you joined the old club and then fell off the wagon during the 'dark ages' of LHC?

I haven't trimmed my hair since I found the (old) LHC and decided to grow my hair again. That's just over 2.5 years. I started from a layered, shoulder length cut, which gave me 'artificial' fairy tale ends as my hair grew to waist. My goal is tailbone, and I think I will not trim until then. I'm quite happy with the look and health of my hair, and I do (occasionally) S&D.

The club welcomes members old and new!

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Me me me! "Old" member here. My last dusting was in December 06. Before that, I couldn't even tell you when my last real cut was. I just reached TB and still see no need to trim. I have fairytale ends and luv em. I am growing to terminal anyway, so I just don't see a need for trimming.

Length
    ShL/WL!!!/Clas.
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I haven't trimmed in a year, but today I'm going to have my mom cut about 1/2 inch off because it's quite split.....I don't worry too much about tiny cuts like that cause my hair grows a full inch-inch and a half each month....however after today I plan not to cut again and protect my ends against splits better so that I can hurry and get to my waist!
    CaraLynn
    For He's more than just my Saviour, He's my best friend forever, He's the light that's in my soul.

Length
    n/a/37"/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I joined this club just before LHC went down. My last trim was at the end of December and I'm still on the wagon I am a non-trimmer at heart so it wasn't difficult even with LHC being down. However, I have been a trimmer for a couple of years before I found LHC because I was so tired of having tiny brooms on the ends of my hairs... During this time I trimmed more than my hair grew and went from tailbone to waist. My hair felt awfully short and I still had a lot of splits above my hemline. But after learning about S&D-ing and gentler haircare I have now less splits than ever before since my hair grew long No need to trim more then! I'm perfectly fine with S&D when needed only.

My first goal is to get back to TBL, and after that I'm going for terminal length (wherever that is). I'm definitely going to develop fairy tale ends sooner or later. I won't reach terminal without them, you know

Length
    Chin/TBL/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Here I am!!! I've got four more months to reach my 12 months with no trimming. This will be the second year in a row that I've only trimmed once in 12 months!
    I find I have to do a ton of SD's to keep my hair workable though.... I get splits like thers no tomorrow!

Lady Sunrise of the Prairie

Account Closed by Member Request

Me! I'm here! As you can see from my ticker below, I'm nearing one year of no trims!

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I'm another old member. I'm not one for trims- having had no formal trims in about 11 years. However, before I found TLHC (2 years ago), I occasionally "evened up" the ends of my braids.

I'm not doing S&D either as I'm curious to see what totally uncut hair is like eventually (and if I live that long )

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    1-2"/pixie/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I want to join, and stay on the no-trimming wagon for 1 year! I have a tendency to only let my hair get so long, then sabotage it when I get bored or frustrated with a big chop! (I'm grateful about the last, because I finally rid myself of nasty, crispy, bleached ends from when I used to dye it). I hereby pledge not to trim for 1 year! (at least)
    Growing out natural from shaved head. **No Trimming 2016** 1C/F/ii

Search and Destroy I love it!!

I haven't trimmed since May at this point. I'm starting to get fairytale ends, but I like it that way; I've always loved the Waterhouse hair look and I don't like blunt cuts. Now that I've given up a lot of bad hair habits, my ends don't look bad either; not a lot of split ends and they're very shiny. I'll go till it's totally obvious I need something trimmed, which I hope will be a long time with my new-found hair care habits.

Length
    28/32/45
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Great to be back after large trim in December. The plan is not to cut for a good year or more.