Thread: oxidisation - does anybody else's henna appear to lighten rather than darken?

Length
    SL/WL/hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default oxidisation - does anybody else's henna appear to lighten rather than darken?

It happens every time . . . or is it just a matter of more henna coming out when i wash it?

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: oxidisation - does anybody else's henna appear to lighten rather than darken?

What henna are you using, flickm? Perhaps it's mixed with something that is making your hair lighten, or its an issue with the henna? 100% pure BAQ henna wouldn't lighten, and after it oxidizes in 3 days or so it's pretty much in your hair for good...IDK?

Length
    SL/WL/hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: oxidisation - does anybody else's henna appear to lighten rather than darken?

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    What henna are you using, flickm? Perhaps it's mixed with something that is making your hair lighten, or its an issue with the henna? 100% pure BAQ henna wouldn't lighten, and after it oxidizes in 3 days or so it's pretty much in your hair for good...IDK?
    I use Moroccan baq, 100% pure organic henna. But the same happened with Jamila. It's darker till it oxidises, then the fair highlights come back and it looks generally lighter. I use rhassoul clay to wash my hair, so I'm wondering if it's stripping the henna a bit.
    Last edited by flickm; May 23rd, 2015 at 02:36 PM.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by flickm View Post
    I use Moroccan baq, 100% pure organic henna. But the same happened with Jamila. It's darker till it oxidises, then the fair highlights come back and it looks generally lighter. I use rhassoul clay to wash my hair, so I'm wondering if it's stripping the henna a bit.
    Maybe it is in fact the clay, I'm putting that in my memory bank for the future, perhaps that's another potential henna removal method? In any case, you're color is beautiful in your signature picture. Very vibrant

Length
    SL/WL/hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    Maybe it is in fact the clay, I'm putting that in my memory bank for the future, perhaps that's another potential henna removal method? In any case, you're color is beautiful in your signature picture. Very vibrant
    Oh, thank you