Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Champi - you NEED to try it!

Length
    chin/26.8/long
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Champi - you NEED to try it!

Well, I did it, and I'm not at all that impressed. First of all the amount of both oil and shampoo and conditioner I used up to totally get the oil out was way too huge, my condish is expensive (I guess I should buy a cheaper one for experimenting anyways though) and, well, my hair is nice and soft but not in a really striking way (SMT made a lot more difference). Also, I shedded like crazy, and I though I don't think it's possible to instantly shed from a treatment (probably the hair that came out would have come out in the next few days anyway, I will monitor if I shed less the few following days). Generally just too much hassle and too little payoff for me, but my hair usually does not require much extra oil anyway. If only I could leave it alone

Length
    Chin/APL+/?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by longhairmomof7 View Post
    Could you use grapeseed oil for this method? I have a nice sized bottle of that I wouldn't mind using... but I am stingy with my jojoba oil LOL and coconut oil breaks me out :/
    Quote Originally Posted by mssummerrose View Post
    I was wondering about types of oils, too! What oil is cheap enough to use such a quantity? (I am even wondering if "vegetable oil" - not sure what type I really have - would work!)
    I assume you could use any oil in theory, though the more penetrating the better. But you should probably look for one that suits your hair. If you have straight, fine hair, a lighter one is probably better, whereas dry, curly hair need a heavier one?? The quantity will depend on your hair - you won't nessecarily need as much as the video. If you put the oil in a jar or a bowl, and work it into your hair by hand, and then squeeze it out, it will be much less wasteful, not to mention less messy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    I don't know if what I ended up doing qualified as "Champi" but it was definitely the most oil I'd ever put into my hair.
    I was hesitant about putting it on my scalp, but at the last minute I decided to go for it and I'm glad I did. I used about a cup of melted coconut oil. I applied it with a squirt bottle over the bathroom sink, with an old towel on the floor to catch any drips. I was actually astounded at how much oil my hair soaked up.
    After saturating my hair I piled it on top of my head and then wrapped my hair in a couple of layers of plastic wrap. I then wrapped a long sleeved t-shirt around my head "plopping" style.
    I covered my pillow with another towel and went to sleep. When I got up I took the tshirt and plastic off my head and put my hair up with an old scrunchie and went about my housecleaning. I'd say the oil was on my head for a total of about 15 hours. Just before my shower I took about 3 palmfuls of conditioner and worked it into my scalp and hair and left that on for about 15 minutes
    The conditioner and oil rinsed out with no trouble and my hair is shiny and soft as silk. I didn't notice alot of shedding. I'd say maybe the usual 20ish hairs that I lose on wash day. Just make sure to have something non-slip on the shower floor as the oil does make it slippery!
    I will definitely be adding this to my routine. I'm not sure how often though.
    If you intend to continue with this treatment how often will you do it?
    Yes, it can soak up quite a bit. Good idea with the conditioner, I might try do do that next time. Do you wet the hair with water first, or do you just put the conditioner directly on the oiled hair?
    I will probably continue this if it keeps working. It says every 4 weeks, some say every 2 weeks. I think every 3 weeks if fine. :P
    Just a small selection of hairstyles I have done
    My Brand-new blog: http://hairdiarydash.blog.com
    Password: LHC

Length
    23/31/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

DancingQueen I just put the conditioner right on top of the oil and worked it through my hair. I think someone mentioned upthread that this helps to rinse the oil out. It worked great for me
    Lady Enelyë of the Captured Stars in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    6/32/47
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I wonder how my hair would fare with this vs. SMT.
    Buíochas mo chroi orm from Lady Tae of The Rose Path , of the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    #TimesUp! #MeToo #Resist

Length
    32/42/44
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

It's really interesting hearing how other people get on with this and different ways it's being tried.

I don't get on nearly as well with other oils as I do with coconut. Doesn't make my hair feel as good with other oils and sometimes it looks like I've shed more, but I think it's just because other oils feel 'stickier' when they are combed through. I'm not convinced they absorb as well either.

Interesting to make the comparison between SMT and this. My hair is not fond of SMT. It turns into a fizz ball, but loves this

Grew from shoulder to thumb length in 7 years without trims. Now maintaining.
    There once was a girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good she was very, very good. But when she was bad she was horrid.

Length
    APL/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

My hair doesn't do much with an SMT.
    My hair has become afraid of olive oil, as it has not gotten washed out well in the past. I think I will go with coconut. DancingQueen, you make a good point about a light oil with my fine hair. If this works well, I would want to stop by an Indian store to see what hair goodies I could find.
    Last edited by mssummerrose; May 25th, 2015 at 10:29 AM. Reason: To add stuff