Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite hair oil& why

Length
    03 in/34 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Lightbulb Favorite hair oil& why

I'm reading about different oils and there are just so many! Too many to keep track of. I love different oils like castor oil, coconut oil, sesame oil, amla oil etc....
    I know where are so many more so I am wondering:
    1. What's your favorite oil?
    2. What is it supposed to do ?
    3. Why is it your favorite oil ?
    4. How do you use it?

Thanks in advance!

>>>Jesus is my Beloved & I am His.<<<

Type
    2a/F/i

Default Re: Favorite hair oil& why

My favorite is coconut oil and olive oil simply because I always have those two oils in the house for cooking. They're also the two oils that are supposed to actually penetrate the hair strand, so I feel like those make the most sense for a treatment and not just sealing. I use these oils with the ROO method and sometimes I mix them together and heat them up and do a heavy pree poo treatment. I have grapeseed and it's good as a sealing leave in, but I mostly use that one on my face.

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    27 in/27 in/33 in
    Type
    1b/M/ii

What's the ROO method?

Type
    2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten1030 View Post
    What's the ROO method?
    Rinse out oil.

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

1. What's your favorite oil?: Baby oil!
    2. What is it supposed to do ?: Retain moisture in hair, reduce static (at least from what I remember), add slip, reduce tangles.
    3. Why is it your favorite oil ?: It's cheap, the bottle lasts for a long time, and it gets the job done without the hassle of taking a long time to rinse it out
    4. How do you use it?: I apply baby oil after I wash my hair when it is still wet. I apply 4-5 drops onto my palms, rub my hands together, then run my hands through my hair over and over again.

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Almond oil is by far my favorite. I tried to make coconut oil work for my hair, but my hair is just too protein sensitive so it ends up feeling dry and brittle. I use almond oil as a leave in after I get out of the shower so my hair is smooth and shiny when it dries. I only need to use a few drops for my whole head or else it can get greasy fairly quickly.

Length
    03 in/34 in/36 in
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    1. What's your favorite oil?: Baby oil!
    2. What is it supposed to do ?: Retain moisture in hair, reduce static (at least from what I remember), add slip, reduce tangles.
    3. Why is it your favorite oil ?: It's cheap, the bottle lasts for a long time, and it gets the job done without the hassle of taking a long time to rinse it out
    4. How do you use it?: I apply baby oil after I wash my hair when it is still wet. I apply 4-5 drops onto my palms, rub my hands together, then run my hands through my hair over and over again.
    Dang I remember using that. It smells so good it. I didn't know it had benefits though.

>>>Jesus is my Beloved & I am His.<<<

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mzlbcmami View Post
    Dang I remember using that. It smells so good it. I didn't know it had benefits though.
    Yes baby oil has lots of plus sides to it! I just recently used it on my skin to help it get some extra moisture.

Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

My hair loathes coconut oil. Makes me hair dry and makes my scalp irritated.

My favorite oil is argan, dubbed a miracle oil in the middle east. It is very nourishing to skin hair and nails! It leaves my hair hydrated, defrizzed, and glossy without weighing it down. I also use argan oil on my skin for intense moisturizing. I put a few drops into the palm of my hand, run my hands together to spread it out and warm it up and work it through wet detangled hair, if my ends are frizzy after drying I'll put another pump into my hand and focus on smoothing the ends out. The preparation I use is free of silicones, parabens, fragrance, coloring and preservatives!
    Pixie..Chin length...Shoulder length...APL...BSL...WL ​I reached my hair goal!
    Lady Undine Waverunner of the Azure Seas in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

1. What's your favorite oil?
    My favourite is castor oil.

2. What is it supposed to do ?
    It has antifungal properties, helps in regorwing hair (its touted as a miracle hairline recovery oil in the AA forms), and supposedly makes hair thicker. Its also a humectant of sorts

3. Why is it your favorite oil ?
    It keeps moisture in my hair for longer and makes it easier to detangle.

4. How do you use it?
    I use it after washing to seal in moisture, I also use it for scalp massages. SOmetimes I mix it with my deep conditioner to boost its properties
    fade -> EL->NL ~> APL ~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL (stretched goals)

Cut off locs and restarting hair journey