Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: vegan yogurt-like products for hair masks ???

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: vegan yogurt-like products for hair masks ???

Hmmm, I have some soy protein isolate and also normal soy flour AND chickpea flour ("gram flour"). I wonder how those would be like as masks! I don't know for sure, but i would think protein isolates would have smaller molecule size, no?

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Oh, the humidity! woolyleprechaun's Avatar
    Length
    1inch/38/??
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Thanks. So that's why woolyleprechaun brought up fenugreeks in the context of this thread (vegan non-dairy yogurt) because the popular way of using them is mixed with dairy yogurt. I have to say I was a little perplexed as what the fenugreeks got to do with non-dairy yogurt, but now I sort of understand.
    Yes, that was the connection! I could have been a little clearer there... You know when you are having a discussion with yourself and forget that others can't hear it? Yeah, that happened.
    But anyway, I have no experience of vegan yoghurt substitutes being used on hair, mainly because all the yoghurt substitutes I've ever purchased have been made from substances with no known benefits.
    Now measuring in at 37 inches, or BCL. Classic by Christmas '15 is a real possibility! Yeah, that's my clothes horse in the pic. I'm that glam.
    Lady Maurelle of the Soggy Nation

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Hmm... What about skipping the fermenting and thickening and going straight to the protein liquid, with a thickener? Like agar?
    The flours are a possibility. Using soy flour in soy milk (or whatever sub you use)?
    I'm trying to remember if cooking enlarges or shrinks protein molecules.

And yes, isolates are smaller.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.