Thread: How to get indigo out of carpet??

Default How to get indigo out of carpet??

I was laying on my bed with indigo in my hair (with a bag over it), and I leaned over to get something off my dresser. Then this huge stream of indigo liquid poured out of my hair and onto the carpet. Then when I was scrubbing it more indigo liquid fell. Now there's blueish green dots everywhere. How do I fix this????

Default Re: How to get indigo out of carpet??

I've never done it but this is how I would try.

Stop rubbing. Using cold water only, get an old cotton towel wet and wring it out to where it's still very damp. Blot, blot, blot and blot some more, making sure to keep using clean parts of the towel. The very damp towel will add a little water to the carpet and hopefully help lift the color into the towel.

If I am wrong, please speak up LHC'ers

Carpet cleaner spray maybe? Some of those can lift really old stains too.

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

What is your carpet made of? If it's wool, I'm afraid to say you have little chance of removing it. It will really lighten naturally with time though.
    Keep soaking the area with cold water and hopefully it will dilute the area faster.
    after a year with bright red hair, I'm back to henna and indigo, mainly henna applications but some indigo to take the orange down a bit! Now to get back to growing again, beyond bra strap how but aiming for hip.