Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Need signature help? This is the thread for you!

Length
    ?/35/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I can insert a .sig pic (see below), but can't add anything else to my .sig. Adding anything, even 1 line, makes mu .sig "too long, can only have 3 lines"

Meez is confused.
    Lady Tockene of the Motherboarde My Albums

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

9.8kb? When I clicked on properties it says this: 90.98kb but it is the same siggy pic i used to have so I guess you made the requirements smaller? ::sigh:: this is confusing! I used to think I was good with computers lol
    Lady Aufaniae of the Restoring Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Humanist/Procrastinatrix chloeishere's Avatar
    Length
    16nck/~BSL/here!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

ARGH! I can't get my image below 9.8 k! I'm using shrinkpictures.com, and even though it SAYS:
    Your original image was 500 W by 576 H and 83662 bytes, it has been reduced to 173 W by 200 H and 6303 bytes, when I actually right click on the picture and hit properties, it shows 13-16 kb actual size. SO FRUSTRATING! I think I'm about ready to give up.
    Anyone else know what to do? Resizing in photoshop never gets it small enough to post, and if I lower the quality in photoshop, it looks like butt.

I'm about ready to give up! But I know how useful signatures are in identifying people, so I'd like to stick with the same one I had before the site went down for a few weeks. On the other hand, I'm at a loss as to how to reduce the size, since shrinkpictures has changed and is now lying to me.

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by thetokenlady View Post
    I can insert a .sig pic (see below), but can't add anything else to my .sig. Adding anything, even 1 line, makes mu .sig "too long, can only have 3 lines"

Meez is confused.
    Here's the thing. Three lines isn't this:
    This is a line. This is a line. This is a line.
    It's this:
    The quick brown
    fox grew his
    hair to his ankles.
    A line is not a sentance, alas. A line is, well, a line. I think the Meez signature is too long. Gimmie a sec, and I might be able to figure out a way around it.
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by NightingaleLHC View Post
    9.8kb? When I clicked on properties it says this: 90.98kb but it is the same siggy pic i used to have so I guess you made the requirements smaller? ::sigh:: this is confusing! I used to think I was good with computers lol
    I didn't do anything! Eek!
    All joking aside, I'm only a member here. The new requirements are LHC policy, which is written by Stephanie.
    Since we literally broke the last version of LHC, I'm perfectly happy to succumb to new restrictions if it means the site won't go down.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by chloeishere View Post
    ARGH! I can't get my image below 9.8 k! I'm using shrinkpictures.com, and even though it SAYS:
    Your original image was 500 W by 576 H and 83662 bytes, it has been reduced to 173 W by 200 H and 6303 bytes, when I actually right click on the picture and hit properties, it shows 13-16 kb actual size. SO FRUSTRATING! I think I'm about ready to give up.
    Anyone else know what to do? Resizing in photoshop never gets it small enough to post, and if I lower the quality in photoshop, it looks like butt.
    The picture currently in your sig is 60.9kb. My suggestion is to make it a Jpg or Gif, and make it smaller.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    ?/35/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I actually saved the pic to my desktop and imported it as a sig pic to the board. It's small and within the pic guidelines. I notice that setting a sig pic puts the code [sig][/sig] (or something like that) in your sig, so that should be one line?

Also, to anyone needing help with pictures...I have a nice current version of Photoshop and can convert, shrink and do other nifty things to pictures. If anyone needs a bit of editing, shoot me a PM (are PMs working yet?)
    Last edited by thetokenlady; March 7th, 2008 at 05:15 PM.

Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by thetokenlady View Post
    I actually saved the pic to my desktop and imported it as a sig pic to the board. It's small and within the pic guidelines. I notice that setting a sig pic puts the code [sig][/sig] (or something like that) in your sig, so that should be one line?
    Correct. Try to make your signature take up as few lines as possible.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    Good gracious, that's a totally different page than I have! Hm. If you picture is larger than the 400 by 200 pixels or 9.8 KB, perhaps that's the reason that link's not showing.

Here's what I see
    when I edit my signature.
    Sooooo weird! I went to that shrinkpicture page chloeishere and made my pic teeny tiny, it's now 2.79kb and about the size of a postage stamp, I also deleted all text. I was hoping that would make the page give me the 'Insert Signature Picture' but it didn't. Oh well, I've chalked it up to I must be a minion so it won't work for me.
    Last edited by Euphony; March 7th, 2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: clarity

Length
    ?/35/48
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by snowbear View Post
    Correct. Try to make your signature take up as few lines as possible.
    Weeeeelll, that would be the line that says [sig][/sig]...seems to be the only line I get. Adding another line just gets me the "too long" message. I wonder if I can add something next to the pic? I'm off to go experiment!

...back. and confusion reigns! I was able to put some text beside the pic...sometimes. Sometimes even 1 word next to the pic made it too long, and sometimes a bunch of letters there was OK. Maybe I'll make a picture with the text I want in it, that would make life easier.
    Last edited by thetokenlady; March 7th, 2008 at 05:24 PM. Reason: testing siggy