Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell us about your hair diet

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tell us about your hair diet

I usually try to eat healthily in general, not just for my hair. I like eating lots of vegetables, especially green veggies and I like to make fresh fruit and vegetable juices and smoothies. I try to eat oily fish at least once a week & plenty of protein. I try to eat a low GI diet as often as possible as well. I tend to eat only wholewheat pasta and whole grain rice and bread etc. I really enjoy drinking all sorts of different teas, our kitchen is full to the brim with boxes of tea, it really is becoming quite a passion of mine . I am taking a multivitamin at the moment, but I am not entirely convinced on that one because I think I already eat well enough to get all the vitamins and minerals I need... Unfortunately at the moment, I am not eating very well at all because we are in the process of having our kitchen re-floored so the cooker, fridge, etc are unavailable as they are currently in my front room! The microwave however is still available so it's been ready meals and takeaways for the last few days. I miss veg & cooking . At least the kitchen will look great when it is done though!

Shoulder APL BSL Waist Hip TBL

Length
    12/12/25
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

biotin, biotin, and once again biotin. my hair amount doubled during one year taking biotin (10mg per day). I would post pictures but I cannot yet. Ive never had acne and biotin caused me blackheads on my back, on my chest and chin and also acne in my hairline - but it was worth it. I cut the amount to 2.5mg per day bcz I got tired of my chin looking bad, but I will never stop talking it completely. For my baby thin and fine hair it was the best thing that ever happened

Length
    17/45/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I'm very fortunate that no matter what state my health is in, my hair isn't ever really affected and will continue to be healthy and grow strong. However, I have a lot of sensitivity issues when it comes to food, so I normally follow the rule of "if I feel miserable after eating '____', then I can't eat it anymore". I've been a vegetarian for many, many years and quite recently, I also cut out a lot of the fattier foods and sweets I used to enjoy because I simply lost my appetite for them. Mostly, I eat a ton of fruits and vegetables as well as different types of grains. My only real "indulgence" is my morning coffee, otherwise I try to drink a ton of water and different teas. Since I have a lot of food sensitivity issues, I rarely eat dairy products anymore since I am lactose-intolerant, but sometimes I just crave a slice of pizza and say to hell with the consequences!

A normal day for me is my morning coffee/tea and toast with peanut butter for breakfast, normally a snack of some sort (mostly vegetables or a fruit smoothie), then a small dinner of whatever I have handy. I don't really have any large sit-down meals anymore, just lots of small snacks throughout the day whenever I'm feeling peckish.

As for vitamins...I tried taking biotin, but my skin reacted horribly to it, so that was cut out. But, I'm taking magnesium for my joints and a pretty huge amount of Vitamin D (I'm severely deficient).

Length
    sl/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nivine View Post
    FuzzyBlackWaves thank you for the detailed diet when I read you take 4 cups of green tea a day, I was a bit concerned. But since you're losing weight, I think it's ok as long as you don't overtake it. It can harm your stomach.

wow, somebody knows koshari and our Egyptian-style rice and beans!! :

I totally agree with you on that!
    I think I read somewhere that 6 cups is the cut off point before it starts to get harmful I must admit, 4/5 cups a day has been my routine for the last couple of years.
    Proud mama and fiancée
    Chin length

Length
    19/23.5/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I eat a lot of eggs, and vegetables. I'm also gluten free, and avoid sugar, just because I just don't usually like eating it! What I concentrate most on though however is drinking a lot of water, at least half a gallon a day. I think that my boosted water in take has really helped my hair growth. I also drink a lot of tea, some times several times a day!

Length
    jaw/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I was blessed with a high metabolism and have always used it as an excuse to eat whatever I wanted (basically a bunch of processed junk). About 6 months ago I made some pretty big changes after a routine blood test showed some less than healthy results. Skinny doesn't always mean healthy!

For breakfast now I usually do a smoothie with a few cups of water, a handful of kale, a banana, a big scoop of peanut butter and frozen mangoes.
    For lunch I typically eat lentil soup which I make in bulk every couple weeks. Or if I'm out at work I'll eat somewhere like Subway.
    And for dinner it varies but I usually cook at home (chicken, rice, fish, casserole). I try to stick to organic food and whole grains. or if I eat out I try to keep it healthy as far as restaurants go.
    I also tend to be low in iron so I take a prenatal vitamin which I've heard can benefit hair.
    Honestly I can't say I've seen much of a difference in my hair, maybe a bit less greasy? It might be thicker too, I can't tell yet because I'm still growing out a pretty short cut, its at a bob now but still lots of layers making it hard to tell. Then again 6 months only could have grown like 4 inches of hair maximum so it's very possible I'll be able to see some change as it grows longer!
    Last edited by JellyBene; February 18th, 2015 at 01:26 PM.
    Long hair/ natural hair care friendly hair stylist

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I try to eat healthily... having said that, I just had a massive pizza and a load of chocolate and am now in a food coma. I'm vegan so I try and eat lots of fruit, veg, and nuts to get all my nutrients. I love avocados and almonds, both of which are great for hair! I also eat lots of beans for the protein.