Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: How Often Do You Wash Your Hair?

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: How Often Do You Wash Your Hair?

Quote Originally Posted by M.McDonough View Post
    You don't use a shampoo?
    Errr... have you looked around the forum a bit yet? There's plenty of other methods than using shampoo.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

2-3 times a week, but I'm a former daily washer and washing 7 days a week to 2-3 times took me forever to achieve. I'm hoping to be able to eventually do once a week and have hair long enough to do scalp-only washes. Right now sometimes I'll just wash the front face-framing layers part of my hair only, similar to a bangs-only wash.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kidari View Post
    2-3 times a week, but I'm a former daily washer and washing 7 days a week to 2-3 times took me forever to achieve. I'm hoping to be able to eventually do once a week and have hair long enough to do scalp-only washes. Right now sometimes I'll just wash the front face-framing layers part of my hair only, similar to a bangs-only wash.
    sounds too familiar :-) I started in 2012 with 6 months of water only and since then I've slowly been stretching to washing my hair once a week and scalp-only. It's been a long journey but so worth it

btw kidari I really love your avatar :-)

Length
    Ear/Chin/CL
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

I wash my hair every 2 to 3 weeks. The longer I go without washing, the softer my hair feels.
    3a-3b/C/iii
    (Ear)-Chin-SL-CBL-APL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-CL
    Lady Addance of the Insightful Mind in the Order of the Longhaired Knights!

Quote Originally Posted by muadhnait View Post
    sounds too familiar :-) I started in 2012 with 6 months of water only and since then I've slowly been stretching to washing my hair once a week and scalp-only. It's been a long journey but so worth it

btw kidari I really love your avatar :-)
    That sounds encouraging and thank you! Also, I agree with curlylocks85 that since I've been washing less and being more careful about moisturizing my ends, I find that my frequent microtrims are no longer a necessity.

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Many people with bangs just wash their hairlines frequently, which allows to stretch full washes.
    Also, consider scalp-only washes to tide you over between full washes, like this one (presented by LauraLongLocks): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VBOVM-dHlc
    Alternatively, clay-based dry shampoos can be of help, too.
    Personally, I think there is nothing wrong with washing hair frequently either: I think it's more annoying than damaging.
    Thanks for the advice! Actually, I don't find washing my hair frequently annoying at the moment, because I love oiling it the night before washing and how soft it is afterwards. On the other hand, it's too slippery after washing to hold updos very well, so I should probably try to stretch my washes further.

Length
    chin/TBL/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Twice a week.
    I tried to stretch it to once a week but just can't do it. I would need to keep my hair up for longer but I miss my hair down too much so I'll just wash it eheh

Length
    pixie/chin/35
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Every other day. I would love to stretch it another day or two, but the combination of fine hair (that refuses to hide oil) and having hair too short for beautiful braided updos is stopping me for now. For now I have switched from a sulfate shampoo and conditioner routine to shampoo bars and vinegar rinses, and that has made my hair and scalp happier while I wait for the length to grow.

Length
    24,4/hip/Hip +
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Every 3 or 4 day. My hair will look greasy after 4 days of no showering and will start to itch
    Tried to strech to only once a week, but i hated how oily my roots was the last 4 days!

Besides, i think my hair looks the best when it is newly washed. Soft and shiny looking