Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Nightblooming Triple Moon Oil/Custom Blends

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Nightblooming Triple Moon Oil/Custom Blends

If I may - what have others outside the USA had to pay for shipping?

For me, it will cost 21$ CAD for a half ounce bottle of oil. I was to try this stuff so bad but this has stopped me from doing so. *sigh*

I hear that once upon a time, shipping prices from the US to Canada used to be FAR more reasonable. Then a few years ago, apparently the prices basically quadrupled for whatever stupid reason. I hate to say it, but it feels to me like they're just totally greedy, and I highly resent them for it...

Also, there seems to be a great variation in price between every state - in some I'll pay 8$ or so for a small items. In others, like Minnesota, I have to pay over 20$ for something the exact same size and weight.
    Last edited by Spinder; July 1st, 2016 at 09:02 PM. Reason: additions

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Aw man that stinks about the shipping.

One happy thing about being here close to Nightblooming! Well in the same country anyway.
    Hubby got a long treatment of combing and massaging some triple oil in yesterday. He says his scalp "feels better today."

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Spinder View Post
    If I may - what have others outside the USA had to pay for shipping?

For me, it will cost 21$ CAD for a half ounce bottle of oil. I was to try this stuff so bad but this has stopped me from doing so. *sigh*

I hear that once upon a time, shipping prices from the US to Canada used to be FAR more reasonable. Then a few years ago, apparently the prices basically quadrupled for whatever stupid reason. I hate to say it, but it feels to me like they're just totally greedy, and I highly resent them for it...

Also, there seems to be a great variation in price between every state - in some I'll pay 8$ or so for a small items. In others, like Minnesota, I have to pay over 20$ for something the exact same size and weight.
    It's going to cost me about $20 CAD too, which is why I'm just having her make a custom blend for me. I'm also going to wait until I have the money to buy other items from her that I want (such as hair salves). I'm basically going to buy enough to last me half a year to save on shipping.
    TBL 37.5" ~ Classic 42" ~ Thigh 48" ~ Knee 52"
    WCC ~ LOC

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Same here. Truthfully, a lot of the other good hair product makers that people talk about here (ie Toadstool Soaps) won't even ship outside the USA at all, so I shouldn't complain I guess. At least it is within reach! I don't have enough funds right now to get enough stuff to make the shipping worth it, but I think I will when it becomes an option!

On an unrelated note, what blends are supposed to be good for hair growth and/or very dry ends?

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I would honestly just message her and ask for her opinion on it. She can give you a list of what oils she can recommend in a blend for you and you can pick for yourself specifically. She was very nice and informative when I asked her and she won't pressure you to order right away. I'm ordering two separate blends, one for my scalp and one for my ends, but I guess you could probably pick oils that would be good for both. I'm just picky so I didn't want to order a full-size blend only to find out I didn't like it, since the shipping is just too expensive to order samples first.
    WCC ~ LOC

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I ordered myself a choice selection of sample sized bottles! Yippee!! So excited to give these lovelies a try!!! Hope they get here safely, don't know what will happen with the lockout looming.

Length
    10/25/35
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I bet they all smell delicious.

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Augh, I just got the Raven Queen's Chosen & Medusa Snake Oil blends... love them both to pieces. I could huff dragonsblood all day, but I like how RQC is toned down and balanced out with other scents (including patchouli ). And MSO is bright and light and invigorating (so good for summertime).
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I spilled some of my medusa oil bottle because I'm a klutzy idiot.. AUUGH!

Oh well, it wasn't too much. And now my desk smells really nice!

Anyway, I am absolutely loving all the oils I got so far! I absolutely adore the soft and sweet yet fresh scent of the Dragon's Blood! I love the Medusa's Snake Oil too, it is fresh and crisp without being pungent or overpowering. The Triple Moon oil is wonderful too, but I find the scent to be quite a bit sharper than the Medusa's Snake oil - the the tea tree oil hints are very noticeable, but I find it doesn't smell so much once actually applied to hair. It's great for days I don't feel like having quite so much of a scent

The Tenderhead Tranquility and Hanoki's Hair Growth oils will require more testing though - my roots tend to be quite oily naturally so I can only use them as a pre-wash treatment. They are lovely but I'm not sure if I will buy them again, because I don't know how much I really need them, or will benefit from them. Like I said though, I need more time to really assess the results!

I'll definitely be stocking up on more Triple Moon, Dragon's Blood and Medusa when I get the chance though! Anyone recommend any other custom blends to try? I am very tempted by the Raven's Queen, it sounds lovely!

Length
    SL/52.25/48
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

It turns out I could afford a 4oz custom oil blend after all, yay!

I decided to try out this:
    Primary Oils: Sunflower oil, Avocado oil
    Secondary Oils: Argan, Jojoba, Rosehip
    Essential Oils: Ylang-Ylang, Jasmine, Hinoki, Sweet Orange, Grapefruit

I can't wait to see how it feels on my hair and smells... I love the jasmine + orange combo.
    WCC ~ LOC