Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Best protective style for bedtime?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Best protective style for bedtime?

i make a high cinnabun, not too tight, and tie a silk scarf over it. i cant do the sleeping cap thing as i have a hard time falling asleep with anything near my face. but the scarf thing works well enough for me. i also havesilk pillow cases but dont use them religously.

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    GlassWidow, I wore dual braids for years until I switched to an inverted single braid bun, like this:

I found that the inverted single braid bun made detangling a breeze (I can detangle my knee length hair in less than 3 minutes, whereas it took 5 minutes to detangle when I wore dual braids).

you go to bed looking like a an empress Madora! Now thats what i call classy and ladylike.

Length
    ../20/--
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

i tried the bun on top of head thing, but it hurts and pulls. maybe it's too loose??
    a braid is the most comfortable i sleep on my side so it's not a problem
    made with sugar, spice, and everything nice
    more hair pics!

Quote Originally Posted by bonbon58 View Post
    i tried the bun on top of head thing, but it hurts and pulls. maybe it's too loose??
    try it a tiny bit tighter and also try to use a toy of a wider size, like a fork, to distribute the tension. i usually dont feel it when iput my head on the pillow.

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bonbon58 View Post
    I have the same issue, I cant stand anything high on my head without having a bit sore, heard it went away after a while, adjusting the level of tightness and so on.... after almost 5 years with somehow long hair, my scalps just complains and just dont like it. LOL

...and yeah a braid is the most comfortable and safe, but I have learned to just pull my hair over my pillow and no more problems there.

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I'm impressed by all of you who can sleep so comfortably in buns! I can, but they annoy me when I roll over. I find braids much more comfortable, and usually go for either one or two simple english braids. I sometimes experiment with new braids before bed, so I can try them out before wearing them outside!

Length
    Tbl/mbl/cl
    Type
    3a/F/i

I always wear satin bonnet over either a braid or a top knot

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I tend to coil my braid above my head on the pillow. The longer the braid is, the less it moves as I toss and turn.

Length
    17/45/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

The style that works best for me and also results in tons of gorgeous waves the next day, is several smaller braids all tied together in one larger braid. I section my hair into 6 medium-sized sections (my hair is ridiculously thick), do a 3-strand braid on each section, then braid it all together. As much as I would love to be able to only do one long braid, it always ends up getting caught around me at night, so my 6 braids help to shorten up the length quite a bit so I don't sit on my braid anymore!

I've tried wrapping my hair in scarves, sleep caps, you name it - but, they almost always come loose and they're honestly more of a hassle than they're worth. Ideally, I'd love to be able to sleep with my hair loose since that is the most comfortable, but the tangles just are not worth it - plus, I have 2 cats that insist on sleeping by my head every night and I don't want to deal with them chewing on my loose hair.

Since my hair is pretty coarse, the mini-braids hold very well until morning and I just use a non-metal hair tie to tie off the braid. In all, it takes me about 10 minutes to put up. And, just for an idea of the waves I can get, my profile picture is the morning after sleeping with them in.

I’ve had a satin pillow pillowcase for years but as my hair has gotten longer, it doesn’t help as much. Although I’ve been spoiled and can’t (or refuse? lol) cotton pillowcases. I used to wear pin curls at night so I know a satin scarf or sleep cap slides right off my head. So, tonight I’m trying something different. Milkmaid braids! I feel silly but as long as they stay in with my tossing& turning, are comfortable to sleep in and take care of my morning tangles....*fingers crossed*!
    Last edited by Diana_Prince; March 30th, 2018 at 06:44 PM.