View Poll Results: How do you feel about the smell of sebum?

Voters
375. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

7 1.87%
  • I like it.

31 8.27%
  • I neither like nor dislike it.

49 13.07%
  • I dislike it.

64 17.07%
  • I hate it!

72 19.20%
  • I don’t mind it per se, but I prefer other smells in my hair.

80 21.33%
  • I’ve never gone long enough without a wash to smell it.

33 8.80%
  • My scalp produces too little sebum for me to notice.

9 2.40%
  • I think it smells like cheese.

16 4.27%
  • My sense of smell is too poor for me to tell.

14 3.73%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Sebum - what do you think of the smell?

Length
    SHLDR/MIDBK/TAILB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

I voted that I don't mind it, but prefer other smells in my hair. My husband is a big believer in natural is better. Unshaven, no make up or fake smells. However, he can appreciate applied smells. Me, well, I am that way to an extent. I promote the whole natural idea with use of natural products (ruffle nutmeg in my hair!! Just kidding. ), but I would prefer that my hair smell like something that I actually find pleasant. When my hair smells like sebum it reminds me of my father, because he would stretch his washes a lot and had a very similar aroma for that in which I seem to have acquired from him. He was a heart patient and had difficulty getting into and out of the bath tub. Not that smelling like him bothers me too much, but I just figured my dad could have been a lot more hygienic than he was. Besides, who doesn't want their hair to smell like edibles. Mmm!! ^.^
    Last edited by AcornMystic; March 18th, 2012 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Spelling

Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Re: Sebum - what do you think of the smell?

Yuck, I hate this smell. I can't take it at all, which is why I have never bothered stretching my washes beyond the 2 to 3 days I was raised washing my hair!
    Lady Nemhain, Keeper of the Underworld Halls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL - 2a/2b - F - i

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Sebum - what do you think of the smell?

I wrote "I dislike it" but I was hovering between hate and dislike. My hair will start to smell a bit sebum-y if I washed it the day before with an ordinary shampoo (not head and shoulders), and it's not terrible. I don't like it, but it's not offensive to me. However, the next day or the day after, I just HATE it.

Part of the reason I love head and shoulders is that it knocks out the sebum smell for a lot longer than an ordinary shampoo. But if I use it every single time, I shed a little more than I'm comfortable with and there's dimethicone in it which makes my roots a bit stringy. Ah well.