Page 93 of 109 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Monthly Length Photo Project

Length
    <3in/Chin?/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: 2015 Monthly Length Photo Project

I would say the same to you, Ms. Mimha shinylocks of my motherland!
    We are finally getting to the length where wavy hair starts sitting properly

Complex creature

Here are my latest pics. I am getting lazy, lol. The 3 pics are showing the evolution from beginning of June, August and October. I felt it to depressing to do it every month.

My hair is shedding like crazy now and I have not even reached my shedding peak of last year, which was around end of October-November
    Aaaargh

I have 3 more months to grow about 2 inches (not so sure because my length can vary quite a lot depending on my waves mood^^)
    ... Well, still hoping to hit waist by Christmas if I am not bold by that time, ha ha ha !...

Beg. of June -------------------- Beg. of August -------------------- Beg. of October

Complex creature

Quote Originally Posted by two_wheels View Post
    I would say the same to you, Ms. Mimha shinylocks of my motherland!
    We are finally getting to the length where wavy hair starts sitting properly
    Thank you Two_wheels flowing mane of the stars !^^
    I'm not too sure that Shinylocks does actually behave, lol. I always have to shoot 5 or 6 pics to select a decent one, because Moody Mane only likes going its own way !^^

Length
    0 in/2 in/36 in
    Type
    1c/M/ii

October 4th and September 7th. I had about two inches of hair growth. The photo makes it look like a lot more but I know because I measured my roots with a tape measure. My natural hair color is blonde so it is easy to tell what is new growth and what is henna from the month before. Im an idiot and this picture is terrible because I took a picture of a camera screen because the photo wasn't on my memory card for some reason. Anyway, significant growth this month which I knew already because I had to dye about an inch of roots only two weeks into my every four weeks that I usually dye it. The only problem is that when my hair is dry I lose a lot of length. I don't have curly hair but it is kind of poofy and shrinks a lot which is why I take my photos when my hair is wet. My April 2016 growth photo will be the last one where I see significant growth because after April, I won't be pregnant anymore. If my hair does what it usually does, it will grow like weeds my whole pregnancy, then as soon as the pregnancy ends, the growth ends too. ALL of it. I will be surprised if my hair grows even an inch over the next summer. For some reason after pregnancy and right at APL, where my hair will be in April, it stops growing altogether. It is really frustrating.

buzz ear neckshoulder APLBSL MBLTBL

Length
    <3in/Chin?/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Wow, looking good mammasaurus! When does it usually start growing again?

Quote Originally Posted by Mimha View Post
    Thank you Two_wheels flowing mane of the stars !^^
    I'm not too sure that Shinylocks does actually behave, lol. I always have to shoot 5 or 6 pics to select a decent one, because Moody Mane only likes going its own way !^^
    I know that one... I just let it get its own way now

Length
    0 in/2 in/36 in
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by two_wheels View Post
    Wow, looking good mammasaurus! When does it usually start growing again?
    I don't know realistically. Since 2007, it has only really grown while I was pregnant that I have noticed. When my hair reaches APL every two years or so (right after a pregnancy has ended and about a year or two before a new one begins) it stops growing altogether and I notice of course and it bugs me so I think that it must be because I need a trim. So, I trim it to shoulder or shorter and let it go back to APL and the process starts all over again. My hair has never in my life been longer than APL. I have the worst luck with hair! This time though I know what to expect with the whole it is going to stop growing when my pregnancy ends thing and then of course this time around I won't trim it like I usually do when I noticed it stops growing. Im just going to leave it be and hope that it starts up again

buzz ear neckshoulder APLBSL MBLTBL

Length
    19/28/33
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Hair is looking beautiful, everyone! mimha, I have found my hair to be variable in the times it sheds and the lengths of major sheds. But your hair still looks lovely!

Looking at this year and last year, the autumn seems to be a big growth spurt time for me...

Can't tell from the wet hair - I think I was looking down a bit trying to get a decent pic.

Dry... I would have expected I was tilting my head too far back but the demarcation line between henna and natural hair shows the growth too!
    Growgrowgrow!
    SLH/APL/BSL/MBL/Waist

Length
    CBL/24/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Despite the shedding I still gained 3/4" before trimming. Woo Hoo! 3 months in a row!
    If I keep up this growth rate I will be able to get to my goal of virgin TBL (36") in less than 4 years.

October length pic, slightly damp hair, so not laying as nicely as dry. I did trim off nearly 1/2" because of a few splits and white dots/breakage, but still dusting APL.

Previous monthly shots are in the siggy...

Lady Amethyst Rosevyn, Kynd Sempstress of the Land of Frosted Woodlands
    Wishing the burgundy henna would have stayed! Now growing out bleached henna...
    Just Brushing BSL Hoping for Waist wavy by end of 2017

Length
    0cm/APL/CL
    Type
    3c/4a/M/C/iii

Great progress and lovely hair, moontree!

The stripe progression paired with the change in incline of my shoulder really shows that
    my hair is indeed growing. Yay!
    2 yrs 4 yrs 6 yrs 7 yrs 8 yrs 9 yrs 10 yrs
    Hip (90 cm) stretched

lady karni mata, keeper of the long-tailed scouts in the order of the long haired knights

Length
    19/28/33
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Thank you hinabelle! Your hair is growing so fast.
    Growgrowgrow!
    SLH/APL/BSL/MBL/Waist