Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Has the tangle teezer lived up to your expectations

Idk what to put here ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Has the tangle teezer lived up to your expectations

I use my Tangle Teezer every other day before I wash my hair. It does a wonderful job removing sheds so I don't clog the shower drain. Like when combing, I start from the bottom and work my way up. It feels wonderful on my scalp too.

I do wish Target had other colors in stock besides the pink one though.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    21"/30"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Absolutely. Not only do I use it on myself, I even use it on my friesian. It takes me minutes to get through his tail. And when I'm done there's only about one or two strands in the tangle teezer.

Last edited by Syaoransbear; December 15th, 2014 at 11:56 PM.
    Maintaining at waist
    Last trim February 02, 2016

Length
    27/39/41
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I'm completely in love with the TT! quite pricey but purchased the compact one and it's worth it! I'm prone to tangles but with the TT I have smooth and detangled hair in less than 2mins I still use a wide tooth buffalo horn comb when I oil my hair. In the past I've tried the Denman tangle tamer which compared to a tangle teezer is less than satisfying.

Spatially Disoriented Charybdis's Avatar
    Length
    chin/tbl/clsc
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Saw full-size TTs at Urban Outfitters in Edinburgh yesterday for £10, which is £0.99 cheaper than at Boots. Looks like you can order them online from Urban Outfitters for $16 USD or £10 GBP, but I'm not sure what shipping is.

Length
    bob/frtip/knee
    Type
    1a/M/ii

my TT tends to split in half - and lately he doesn't want to stick together very well anymore...anyone els has this problem? I'm thinking about glueing both parts together with my gluegun...or buying another one, because i've seen one in babyblue with pink (love love) in a local hairdresser's shop - sticking together is much cheaper though - mine now is darkpurple and had it for years - i paid 16 euros then, i think now it's about 17-18 euros in Belgium.

Going for kneelength

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady melissa View Post
    my TT tends to split in half - and lately he doesn't want to stick together very well anymore...anyone els has this problem? I'm thinking about glueing both parts together with my gluegun...or buying another one, because i've seen one in babyblue with pink (love love) in a local hairdresser's shop - sticking together is much cheaper though - mine now is darkpurple and had it for years - i paid 16 euros then, i think now it's about 17-18 euros in Belgium.
    I'd get the Aqua splash version, it's one piece, I think.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Totally. I won't be using anything else. It works perfectly with my hair, wet or dry. I think people who haven't tried it yet should buy one, it's not that expensive and I got my travel-sized sold in a few days (travel TT was horrible to my hair, but I got my money back by selling it so no hard feelings)

Length
    27/TB/?
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by höpönasu View Post
    Totally. I won't be using anything else. It works perfectly with my hair, wet or dry. I think people who haven't tried it yet should buy one, it's not that expensive and I got my travel-sized sold in a few days (travel TT was horrible to my hair, but I got my money back by selling it so no hard feelings)
    Why did the travel size not work for you?

I have been using the regular size for years, but mostly for scalp massage. Normaly I finger comb or use wooden comb.
    I just bought two new TT, one regular and one travel size. That's why I'm wondering about your experience about the travel size

Length
    APL/MBL/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady melissa View Post
    I'd go for the new one. Bought my daughters one each as I found a deal online ( £10 each, but buy four get one free - one each for them one for me!). The difference in the new bristles compared to the old, used ones is amazing. Our old ones were about four or five years old. I lose less hair when using my new one too which is great, obviously!
    So my vote - buy the baby pink/ blue one!
    after a year with bright red hair, I'm back to henna and indigo, mainly henna applications but some indigo to take the orange down a bit! Now to get back to growing again, beyond bra strap how but aiming for hip.

Length
    shoul/waist/40
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vega View Post
    Hi guys ive been using tangle teezer since July 2013 but am considering departing from it for a while and just going back to standard wide tooth comb , I think most of my hair breakage is due to tangle teezer and it makes a horrible grinding noise, I'm having to get micro trims every four months and I think it's all due to the tangle teezer, I want this brush to be my holy grail but I believe I'm getting damaged hair from it, what do you guys think of it
    So guys an update it's been 2 months since I stopped using tangle teezer , and ive grown 2 inches of hair I cannot believe it, just as I suspected though I loved my tangle teezer my hair was not growing cause I hAd to trim my knotted ends it was causing , I'm just using wide tooth comb now , yes it takes longer but I just make sure I have the time and super patient,