Page 126 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    APL/BSL+/Term.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

I'm vegan, what could I use instead of honey?

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

kittykins as far as i know you can substitute in mollasses or syrup, i just leave it out though

Length
    13"/39―"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    can i ask what experiences people have had from..
    1) leaving out the honey - just conditioner and AV
    2) Shorter leave in times - my hair seems to react badly to long treatments (>15mins)
    1. Alot of people tried that. You might find the answer to your question earlier in this thread (Yes I know, this is a looooong thread to search in). I think you should try it and see if your hair likes it. Try different Conditioners also, before you give final judgement. I have used agave sirup on occasion when I didnīt have any honey at home. This worked very nice for my hair.
    2. Could you tell us a little more about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lissandria View Post
    ETA: Your input is appreciated, cmg. I do think you may be right. I just wanted to say thanks
    Youre welcome. Sometimes we just need to "think out loud".

Quote Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
    Do anyone know if Dermanord conditioner works for this? I just have a little left in the bottle so I donīt really want to waste any.
    I can understand that. I get 42 bottles of the condish from COOP-Xtra for that price (for CO-wash). I buy stuff like this too sometimes, just for the heavenly smell It will work nicely, though it seems a little overkill. Go ahead and pamper yourself with it!

Among the things I probably wount buy again are the aloe vera gels from Foreverliving Scandinavia or LR-Health and Beauty. There is absolute nothing wrong with them, except for the price. They are excellent products, but totally overpriced. I have started to use COOPīs foot-gel instead. It works just fine and has no unneccessary ingredients in it. The Apothekets counterpart is OK too but has some extra stuff in it.

But sometimes I get sucked in by the commercials too, or a flashy package

/CMG

Length
    13"/39―"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

@Diamond.Eyes:
    100% natural ginger who doesn't use henna/dye and proud of it
    WOW! Awesome color!
    I have to work hard to get something like that.

/CMG

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cmg View Post
    1. Alot of people tried that. You might find the answer to your question earlier in this thread (Yes I know, this is a looooong thread to search in). I think you should try it and see if your hair likes it. Try different Conditioners also, before you give final judgement. I have used agave sirup on occasion when I didnīt have any honey at home. This worked very nice for my hair.
    2. Could you tell us a little more about this?
    Thanks for your reply

I tried it without honey just left on for 10 mins and it gave a lovely result, ive now just squeezed some into my normal CO wash condish (i just do a 1 stage normally) for a mini treatment each wash.

With the long treatments issue, normally if i leave a treament on wet hair for a long time before washing out I end up with a huge mane of frizz after washing, especially with a coconut oil pre-wash overnight soak. For some reason my hair just doesn't like long treatments, i can do a thorough CO with only leaving it about 1-2mins when others need way longer, and where others leave things overnight, my hair prefers no more than 10mins. I suppose I should be glad, much more convenient! It did take me a while to work out what was going wrong though

Length
    APL/BSL+/Term.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

It's in! I used Tresemme Naturals nourishing moisture conditioner, blackstrap molasses, a little vegetable glycerin and fresh aloe vera gel from my aloe plant. I will wash it out in 3-4 hours.

Length
    Chin/SL/CL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Oh the wonders of SMT. I need to start doing this regularly again, my hair loves it! I'm pretty sure VO5 has stopped making Tangerine Tickle though, which is the conditioner I used to use. Hopefully Suave Pomegranate will work out well, that's been my substitute for CO washing.
    Lady Laur of the Dancing Veil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    CHIN - SL - APL - BSL - WAIST - HIP - TBL - CLASSIC

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've been SMTing pretting regularly the past couple of months. It seems to be really good for my hair, and I alternate with WO washes (3-4 WO washes, then shampoo and then SMT left in for an hour or so). My hair gets really shiny after the SMTs, though it is still a lot darker because of all this good care.

In my many years of having good results from SMT, I have never found that leaving it in for more than an hour makes any difference at all. However, I have mostly fine hair so that might make a difference...

It's also really good for scalp problems because of the honey (humectant and mildly antibacterial). Whenever my scalp is unhappy, an SMT fixes it. :9
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    APL/BSL+/Term.
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

Just remembered I didn't report back. My hair seems to love SMT. Next time I may add a little coconut oil.
    Last edited by Kittykins; May 13th, 2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Spelling

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Trying this for the first time tonight! I'm going to leave it in overnight and am a little nervous...my husband and I cosleep with my 1 year old daughter and I'm afraid she'll try pulling it all off my head in the middle of the night...she tends to wake often. My hair is pretty damaged and I'm looking to do all that I can to make it healthy again so I'm sure hoping it stays on all night and this will help!