Page 2 of 245 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrycja View Post
    one question-I know from previous experiments that my hair does not take to honey well.Makes it terribly frizzy and hard to manage.I know its a small part of the SMT but is there a substitute or some kind of tweaking so I don't get that reaction from the honey?

TIA
    Hey what about maybe Agave Nectar???
    FBC cream soap shampoo

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Made an SMT tonight -- I used fresh aloe vera, Frutis leave-in and orange blossom honey. The Aloe was lumpy because with fresh so I blendered it. Then I added the conditioner and it clotted instantly. Threw it back in the blender and got a beautiful whip that looked like cream. Just to be weird I added some Manic Panic Vampire Red Gel to get some color and the whole thing worked great. Hair is red and feels like silk.

If it clots think food processor or blenders to smooth it out again. It was no big deal -- boy were the curds huge though. I think my honey was too hot and tried to coagulate the proteins.
    FBC cream soap shampoo

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

ok.I'm going to try 1/2 part coconut oil and 1/2 honey for the first try.I'll go from there.thanks!
    Last edited by Patrycja; March 8th, 2008 at 04:30 PM. Reason: spelling as always
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Shldr/BSL/TB/CL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Just a question for anyone who has used this and experimented a bit. Do conditioners with protein just not work as well for this?? My hair loves protein, and I CO my hair every other day with a protein condish. I've just never tried anything else.

Help?
    1st goal: BSL May 2009 ​re-reached late 2012 2nd goal: Waist Final Goal: TB or Classic

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Okay, I definitely want to try this. How can you tell if a conditioner has a lot of protein in it? I assume it is the list of ingredients, but what are the words I need to look for?

Thanks,
    Rory

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I can vouch for the protein thing.

I can wash with a protein condish, but I can't CO or SMT with one because it yield shitty results. I can even use a protein leave-in, but not those two.

Lack of protein makes for better hair for me.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Well...I'm doing my very first SMT right now. I used Suave Naturals Waterfall conditioner, Fruit of the Earth Aloe, and clover honey. I plan on letting it sit for about 1.5 hours, enough time for me to watch Mythbusters (*swoons over Tory*) and an episode of House sans all the commercials (yay for Tivo). I've got my hair up in a shower cap and I'm gonna grab a space heater, put it on low and sit just close enough to feel the warmth.

I wasn't sure what type of honey to use, so I just grabbed what was in the cabinet. Do you guys have any recommendations?

Wish me luck!
    Lady Ionides of the Springtime Blossoms in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Navi says "Hey Listen!"

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Due to snow storm had to make SMT for mom at midnight as a present. She has heavily bleached hair. At first she didn't notice a huge difference but then she realized that the volume that was add made her pony tail ring much tighter. She is going to stay with it. The added volume alone was worth it.

Thanks Snowy
    FBC cream soap shampoo

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

So..I have mixed reviews and I'm thinking I might have to use a 'cone conditioner to make this work.

My ends feel better than before, but the hair near my scalp feels like I went swimming in a chlorinated pool and let it dry without rinsing or washing first. Although that might be from the ACV rinse I did after I rinsed out the SMT.

I also noticed little white specks on my hair as I was rinsing. Has anyone else noticed this? I didn't see them when my hair dried, but I think they may have been combed out.

I'm gonna do another one next week, but not do the ACV rinse and see what happens. I'll let you guys know.
    Last edited by Auryn; December 30th, 2008 at 01:38 PM. Reason: realized exactly how my hair felt ;)
    Lady Ionides of the Springtime Blossoms in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Navi says "Hey Listen!"

Length
    28/36/36
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Auryn View Post
    So..I have mixed reviews and I'm thinking I might have to use a 'cone conditioner to make this work.

My ends feel better than before, but the hair near my scalp feels like I went swimming in a chlorinated pool and let it dry without rinsing or washing first. Although that might be from the ACV rinse I did after I rinsed out the SMT.

I also noticed little white specks on my hair as I was rinsing. Has anyone else noticed this? I didn't see them when my hair dried, but I think they may have been combed out.

I'm gonna do another one next week, but not do the ACV rinse and see what happens. I'll let you guys know.
    I did everything wrong and didn't get the white bits, my guess is that it is coagulated cooked protein.

I used with great success:

1/2 Aussie 3 minute Miracle Deep mixed with Pantene Sleek (don't know why but yes it makes a difference
    Cruddy aloe vera from the HMO that had alcohol in it
    The world cheapest real honey I could find

DON'T OVERHEAT -- 10-15 SECOND IS PLENTY

I use it forever as far as I'm concerned, it took a bit to get everything to mix but definitely none of those white specks people are reporting. Because of the cones the moisture that is locked in adds significant weight to your hair (the rest of the time I'm cone free)
    FBC cream soap shampoo