Page 189 of 252 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Oh, please don't worry about it. Any honey is good for the SMT!

It's different for honey lightening techniques, because for honey lightening, you preferably want raw honey with the highest peroxide level (to lighten hair). But for the SMT, you want the humectant action of honey, which comes from its sugar content, so any honey will do. Lots of people are allergic to honey or can't use honey because they are vegan, so they use things like corn syrups, other syrups, molasses, etc in their SMT, instead of honey. HTH!
    Thankyou for the super quick answer
    shoulder 16" - apl 20" - bsb 24" -mbl 25" - waist 28" - hip 32" - bcl 36"

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

So I just did my first SMT, and overall my hair seems soft and healthy, but it is also a bit greasy/stringy and feels very heavy. I suspect it is either because I added a little coconut oil, or maybe I didn't rinse it out well enough. Or both. In any case, my ends look hydrated and happy, which was my main goal, so I think it'll all be good. Next time I will leave the oil out and maybe try a different conditioner. Has anyone else had their hair come out oily? Do you think an ACV rinse would help at all? Thanks!

ETA: After a few hours, much of the excess oil seems to have absorbed into my hair. It still seems a little stringier than normal, but it looks okay and does not feel so greasy to the touch anymore.
    Last edited by scrivener827; July 30th, 2015 at 01:16 PM.

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

This is a fantastic summary of SMT how to do it and what to use! Thanks for posting this Anje!

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by diddiedaisy View Post
    Thankyou for the super quick answer
    Diddiedaisy, you are very welcome! I really hope SMT or modified SMT will work for you!

Quote Originally Posted by scrivener827 View Post
    So I just did my first SMT, and overall my hair seems soft and healthy, but it is also a bit greasy/stringy and feels very heavy. I suspect it is either because I added a little coconut oil, or maybe I didn't rinse it out well enough. Or both. In any case, my ends look hydrated and happy, which was my main goal, so I think it'll all be good. Next time I will leave the oil out and maybe try a different conditioner. Has anyone else had their hair come out oily? Do you think an ACV rinse would help at all? Thanks!

ETA: After a few hours, much of the excess oil seems to have absorbed into my hair. It still seems a little stringier than normal, but it looks okay and does not feel so greasy to the touch anymore.
    scrivener827, I had the same problem every time I combined oil and honey and didn't wash it out well. Oil + honey is best for very dry hair... or else, it's best to use it as a pre-poo and to wash it out pretty thoroughly. I'd do this rarely, as a moisture booster only, certainly not every wash. Don't worry, it will get less greasy soon as the effect wears off after every wash.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Thanks, meteor. I figured in the future I will either leave the oil out or use it as a pre-poo treatment instead.

Length
    SL/mbl/???
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I did my first smt a couple of days ago. I used hello hydration and honey, I didn't have any aloe Vera gel but I had it on order. I didn't notice any difference to my hair, but now my aloes here I'll try again later in the week to see if I get better results.
    shoulder 16" - apl 20" - bsb 24" -mbl 25" - waist 28" - hip 32" - bcl 36"

Length
    13 in/13/32
    Type
    2b/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    You'll want to use conditioner for this, not a 2-in-1 or anything like that.

It's definitely OK to CO and I usually consider an SMT to be a CO wash if I put it on my scalp.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks !!

So ANY condish will work here? Dove, fructis, suave......

Length
    buzz/ear/WL+
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by excitedmom View Post
    Thanks !!

So ANY condish will work here? Dove, fructis, suave......
    Your mileage may vary. At the beginning of the thread, there is a list of conditioners that have been documented, either to work well for some people, or that have documented negative effects. Note that some conditioners appear in both lists. So what works for one person will not work for another, necessarily.

So, yes, you can try any conditioner you want for the conditioner portion of your SMT. But that is not a guarantee that it will be the best conditioner for you. If you have an issue, it's best to check out what issues people have had throughout the thread and see if maybe there's a way you could fix it (switch to 'cone-free, for example, or use a conditioner with a different consistency).

Length
    25"/35.5"/---
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Guys a quick question: can we use aloe Vera directly from the plant?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wilderwein View Post
    Guys a quick question: can we use aloe Vera directly from the plant?
    Sure. I haven't, but I've heard it works quite well.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!