Page 127 of 252 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,270 of 2511

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Well I rinsed it out first thing this morning...it's super soft and seems really moisturized...but it's SOOOOOO frizzy! I've never used honey in my hair before, can that be what did it?

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lachrymosa View Post
    Well I rinsed it out first thing this morning...it's super soft and seems really moisturized...but it's SOOOOOO frizzy! I've never used honey in my hair before, can that be what did it?
    My hair also goes insanely frizzy if i do long treatments (especially bad with coconut oil). For me treatments work best if i leave them on no longer than 15 minutes, maybe next time from a shorter amount of time
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Length
    APL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by afu View Post
    My hair also goes insanely frizzy if i do long treatments (especially bad with coconut oil). For me treatments work best if i leave them on no longer than 15 minutes, maybe next time from a shorter amount of time
    I would have never thought that something could be left on too long...I guess maybe it's a matter of too much of a good thing lol? I'll try a half hour or so this weekend and see if that helps. Thanks!

Length
    Tbl/Apl/Jaw
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

i know its strange isn't it, i couldn't work out what was going wrong for ages. My hair is much happier now ive stopped leaving treatments on
    CO washer - Grahtoe - Dresses only - De-clutterer - LHC addict

Type
    1a/C/ii/iii

I'm kind of lazy so I'll just ask instead of looking through the thread... (Sorry, don't kill me! )

Anyone got good results with SMT without aloe vera? (CO + honey)

ETA: The answer is yes. For others looking for this a number of members got good results with this. (Old thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=41182)
    Last edited by shirohane; May 15th, 2012 at 07:48 PM.

Length
    2"/23"/TLBN
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Well, I did my first SMT last night.
    I used Aloe Vera Gel with chamomile and comfrey from the health food store, organic honey, and some old conditioner that was a combination of old bottles that I put into one. Most of it's from the health food store, and had tea tree oil in it.
    We don't use a microwave, so I heated the 1 tbsp of honey in a small pyrex glass in a pan of water until hot. Then added 1 tbsp of AVG, and 4 tbsps of the conditioner. Mixed it up and didn't have the white flakes issues others have experienced. After a poo wash with TJ's Spa shampoo, and light rinse with their Spa conditioner, I blotted my hair dry, and poured on the SMT, wrapped my head up in shower cap and terry turbin for an hour. Watched Mythbusters, and then back into the shower to rinse it out.
    My hair likes baby oil, so I put a little of that on, and then bun it up for the night. It's too thick to dry overnight, so I braid it for work. The pic in my sig file was taken the next day.
    I think my hair really responded to the SMT, and will definitely do it again. Not sure if 1 hour is really necessary, but my dry damaged hair definitely soaked up the moisture!! Love the results!
    This was my longest hair in 2015, regrowing to this length and beyond. Trying to be patient, but heck, I have the rest of my life, right? .

Guys, please be careful with Fruit of the Earth (FOTE) Aloe Vera Gel!

When I was pregnant, I was avoiding many chemicals that were listed as dangerous to the fetus for various reasons. Well, one of them was Triethanolamine or TEA. Well, since I've had my child, I still avoid the same ingredients when I see them listed in our products after learning what they can potentially do, and TEA is just like unforgettable because it is in so much stuff. Like you see it in so many things. Mostly I see it listed as Triethanolamine though.

Anyway, I was thinking that it's probably better to use some sort of organic Aloe Vera treatment instead of FOTE for the SnowyMountainTreatment. Even though you are rinsing the Triethanolamine or TEA off of your hair, instead of letting it sit on your skin, neck and scalp, you are still not washing it off, and according to several things I have read, it could potentially be dangerous after long term exposure. This brief article seems to gather up the jist of what I've read several places: http://www.eco-friendly-digest.com/triethanolamine.html

I wish I could use the FOTE or they would change the ingredients or something because of the price and the volume I could get and the consistency. All of the organic Aloe is watery and stuff, but I'm going to have to use that to finally try this treatment out as my DC for moisture after my protein. The Triethanolamine is why I have avoided this conditioner for so long. Hopefully the organic aloe will work just as well.

Let me know if you have tried this with organic aloe and how the results were.

Length
    22"/32"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Chemicals I can't pronounce or understand fully without the help of a chemist are not my favorite things, so I try to keep it simple and organic and stuff, but I also try not to get too paranoid. Here is another article on TEA that may be a little more balanced, although when pregnant I think avoiding every risk you can is a very good instinct.

http://personalcaretruth.com/2011/06...anolamine-tea/
    Guardian Julia of the Rock, Shaman of Animism in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    2"/22.5"/30+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Trying this for the first time today. Used Tresemme naturals aloe and avocado conditioner with grocery store clover honey and Lily of the Desert aloe gel in the originally recommended proportion 4:1:1. I microwaved the honey for 15s, added the aloe, microwaved again for 10s, then added the conditioner to the warm honey/aloe mixture. I had a total of 6 tbsp of mix and was surprised how much of it made it into my hair (about 2/3 of it). It is incubating now, I'm hanging out in the heat and humidity with a plastic bag on my head...Yummy. I hope this gets out the last of my issues with sunflower oil --> buildup --> overaggressive clarifying --> dry ends (fingers crossed).

Length
    2"/22.5"/30+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

SMT definitely made a difference. I did use coconut oil after my hair had dried to smooth it out a bit. Is there any reason to think that adding the coconut oil to the SMT would impair it from penetrating the hair at all?

My super dry hair then soaked up all the coconut oil. I'm starting to think that I just have a huge moisture deficit...Will it ever catch up?