Page 124 of 251 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2510

Thread: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

Length
    0''/neck/bun
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: The much-recommended SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment)

I tried SMT yesterday with XZ conditioner (no cones), dark honey, aloe vera gel and a little bit of glycerine. I kept it on under a shower cap for an hour and it was very moisturizing! My hair was a little bit tangled after it dried, but it was still very good. I'd do this soon again, but I think that my hair needs a little bit more reconstructing than moisturizing right now.
    Lady Fainauriel, Sourceress of Ice, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/34.6"/41
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I did an SMT yesterday as a post-trim treatment for my fresh new ends. I don't know why I haven't done one in so long because I know my hair loves it.

I use Garnier Triple Nutrition, honey, FOTE aloe and a couple of drops of coconut oil. Then I put on a shower cap and my heater cap for about 15 minutes.
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 CL 15 16 17 18 SL 20 21 22 23 APL 25 26 27 BSL 28 29 30 31 32 WL 34 35 36 HL 38 39 40 TB

I did my first SMT today and I'm not sure how I feel about the result. My hair feel 'hard' but smooth if that makes any sense. There was very little frizz (my hair gets frizzy after wash).

For conditioner, I mix Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair with TRESemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner (Aloe Vera and Avocado). I also clarified before doing SMT. With all the conditioning I thought my hair will be softer. Both conditioners by themselves soften my hair so maybe it's the aloe vera and honey?
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
— Albert Einstein

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

I just did my first SMT last night after my first cassia treatment two nights ago. I used 4 Tbs Suave Ocean Breeze and 1 Tbs each raw honey and LotD aloe vera for my thick BSL hair. Warmed in a bowl in a pot of simmering water (no microwave) until the honey de-crystallized and everything was thoroughly mixed. Sat w/plastic bag and towel for an hour, then rinsed.

My hair is much softer than usual and the squeaky-clean feeling from the cassia is gone, but it's still much more tangle-prone at the ends than I'm used to. This is after I oiled w/2x my usual amount of jojoba oil(2x 2 drops) after it dried. I think the cassia's to blame for that, though.

The scent of the conditioner seemed really strong even after my hair dried, but that could be because I haven't used artificially scented stuff in a long time. Thanks for all the advice from people who posted!

Account Closed by Member Request

I haven't done this in ages!! Hmmm, maybe I need to revisit....

Length
    chin/34/37
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

I did my first SMT last night, and tried it as an overnight treatment.
    I used Vo5 SKR and Lily of the Desert Aloe gel along with organic honey.
    The problem is, my hair ended up sopping between my pre-treatment rinse and the SMT itself. I wasn't comfortable with a plastic bag over my head so I took it off.
    Over night, the SMT dried in my hair. It seemed to rinse out alright this morning, but my hair's not dry yet and I'm not sure if it'll be sticky or greasy once it is.
    Does letting it dry (not keeping it wet under plastic) hamper the moisturizing effects? Should I have COed to make sure it was all gone?

Length
    10/12,6/24
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MasCat View Post
    Did my SMT for the second time yesterday. I used my favourite Timotei henna condhish, heated the honey in a waterbath (I do not own a microwave, as it hasn't been too long since I have my own place) and added aloe juice (almost impossible to get aloe gel in Poland)

And so: my hair is shining like mad and looks really nice, though my little splits are showing a bit more than usually.. time for an s&d!
    I tried to check Altana-Farma or Super-Pharm stores, there is plenty of aloe vera juices but not gel, and they have some preservatives inside. Not much, but still. There are a few brands of pure (100% organic) aloe vera gels on Allegro but the price...over 40PLN (i.e. over 10 EUR) for 250g...ugh....

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Gak! I used Lily of the Desert Aloe Vera and got the worst white flakes!!!! I wish I had read the list at the beginning of this thread before apply lol.
    Hair September 2015

Length
    22/28/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Ohh, I haven't done one of these in so long. I need to get on this again!

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

My hair loves this.
    Hair September 2015