Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair perfumes

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Hair perfumes

So, I was gonna start this in the Arab haircare section, but though maybe it could be broader...

I never really thought about it much, because a lot of commercial shampoos have scents and stuff, so "perfuming" the hair is sorta already done. But I know that this is done in the Middle East (Not so sure about other places, but I'm sure they do elsewhere..India?S&E Asia?), and I was wondering if anyone here does this (routinely?), or not...

Sooo does anyone use anything special to perfume their hair (daily/weekly/mo./ w/ henna-ings/etc.), to make it smell nice for themselves (or someone else ), and if you do, what do you use??

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    neck/frtp+/??
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default Re: Hair perfumes

Yes in India it is used but mainly back in older days. They would do rock incsense you know the pure one? and take the hair and make it dry with the smoke from the inscense. beautiful smell mmm.

If you like to know they sell hair perfume at desert boutique or you can do what I do and mix itr with some evoo and smear it over the hair

Length
    18/48/108
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I use BPAL (Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab) perfume oil just on the ends and sometimes on the nape and/or temples. The scents with dragon's blood can get a little sticky so I avoid those.

Lately my hair's mostly been smelling like blueberry pie.
    Sister Fish of the Mucky Kitchen-Bin of the Order of Long-Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/32/?
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I mist my hair with rose or orange blossoms water and sometimes use monoi oil. I add geranium and/or ylang ylang eo to henna paste.

Another possibility is to add eo to acv or white vinegar rinse.

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Some use EOs for scent. I know one or two of those I mixed into my blend leaves really great sweet scent. I could use it for the scent alone heh

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

I like to spritz my hair with rose water sometimes. The smell fades quickly, though.

Length
    Jaw/Waist/??
    Type
    1b/1c/C/iii

Im trying to make my own hair scent with a combination of eos mixed in some oil. love sandlewood, jasmine and lavender. havent quite got the proportions right though

I like to put perfume into my hair. Usually, if I do this, I mix an essential oil into my shampoo/conditioner, or I have literally just sprayed normal perfume into my hair before.

My favorites have to be the EOs. I use Tea Tree oil in the summer, because it has a nice scent and the added bonus of repeling bugs. (yippee!) I also use Lavender sometimes as a light scent just because I like it.

Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I add either BPAL or sandalwood (fragrance not EO) oil to my vinegar rinse, about five drops. My favorite BPAL for this purpose is Kathmandu.

I add clove powder to my henna paste (after dye release, otherwise the brown cloves mask it), and it lingers for weeks every time I get my hair wet.

Length
    buzz!/pixie/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aisha25 View Post
    Yes in India it is used but mainly back in older days. They would do rock incsense you know the pure one? and take the hair and make it dry with the smoke from the inscense. beautiful smell mmm.
    I saw that in an Indian movie and I was considering trying it.