Thread: Onion Shampoo?

Length
    17/28/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Red face Onion Shampoo?

Hi everybody

Has anybody heard about this?
    Just put chopped onions in your shampoo, let it rest for 15 days and then use it....
    Some says this helps hair grow faster...... but is it truth? has anybody try it?

Default Re: Onion Shampoo?

I've heard about onion juice mask for hair growth (espicially on youtube) but not onion shampoo. It's sounds interesting but wierd... mostly wierd!

Length
    nape/bsl/waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I vaguely remember someone saying something at one time about onions as a growth aid. Problem is a) how gross would that be b) probably a complete waste of time and onions.

I say better to use the onions in a nice salad and that way get some vitamins to help grow hair from the inside

Patience, time, and gentle care are the only proven ways to improve growth. But hey, if someone is willing to try it...

Something's rotten in the state of hair-care! I could not bring myself to put onion juice on my head. I use onions and honey for a cough syrup and it is very pungent. I can't stand the smell on my hands or clothes, I cannot imagine trying to tolerate that stench on my head. No matter how many inches the solution promised.

Long hair on the "loose" woodswanderer's Avatar
    Length
    waist/TB+/TB-CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I honestly believe benign neglect will grow your hair faster than anything you could put on your hair. I would think the onions might go bad in 15 days.
    Summer of 2013

Bleck, I don't like eating onions...no way am I rubbing them on my head! I'll just wait for my hair to grow...
    <a href=http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=56175&dateline=1399493485 target=_blank>http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ine=1399493485</a>
    APL: Made it!Off to BSL!

Dances in bare feet. Islandgrrl's Avatar
    Length
    2"/MTH/?????
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I read the title of this thread and my first thought was,

"They make shampoo for onions???"

Searching for Ficcare Diamond Olivine and Border Leopard B/W all size (L)
    Knee minus 3! Avatar photo credit: DaveDecker. Seattle meet 2014. Thanks, Dave!

Length
    shldr/MBL/?
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I wouldn't put onions in my shampoo but I might try those commercial shampoos with onion (just out of curiosity). I think they wouldn't smell so bad..? I'm just guessing here Russians seem to believe there's something about onion. Onion & Ryebread shampoo sounds...interesting!

Length
    23/43/55+
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

The onion left for that long would produce a lot of sulfur. Sulfur is good for hair growth and many other things, but I think ingesting it works best. Look up MSM.
    Lady Calaelen of Eden's Nook Designer of Fetching Forks in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    17/28/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hiiii
    Thank you girls for your thoughts.
    It sounds really wierd hehehehehe but I am just very curious about it, I wonder if it really work! Some were saying 1 inch a month..... mmmm I dont know