Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I henndigo? *pics*

Length
    6/7/15
    Type
    1c/M/i

Default Should I henndigo? *pics*

I have made posts here before about my completely fried black hair. I used box dye and demi dye for years. I took the advice of so many amazing people here, and my hair improved so much! I stopped dying my hair all together for about 5 months now, and my natural color is coming in. My natural color is a dirty blonde, and I have had black hair for years. I feel like my over all look is so much more soft now, and realize the stark black hair is not for me. BUT I really do not like the blonde color at all lol.

I am known for having darker hair and a more alternative look at my job. When I use a bit of makeup, the dark hair against my skin tone seems to really look nice. The blonde washes me out.

I was wondering if you think henndigo would work for me? I would love to have a dark color, but not a stark black. I am just kinda of in a position now where I hate my hair color!

This is how I look with some makeup and all faded black hair. I cant find any with the stark black on here atm

And here are some natural ones with the hair coming in

This one really shows off the light color with no dark around my face. I do not like how it looks at all.

Thanks for reading! I am just not sure where to go from here. I know I do not want to use box dye again, my hair is so much healthier looking now.
    Last edited by Sinthia; January 27th, 2015 at 12:49 AM.

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Should I henndigo? *pics*

I like you with dark hair; it makes your eyes pop. I know some on here can get a cherry brown color and others get more of a burgundy with henna and indigo. I've never done any of that, but from what I've read on the board, the brand of henna makes a difference in the color.
    2c/3a; f/m/c--even mix; iii (4" circumfrence) At waist and hoping for hip by December 2013.

Hope someone with more henndigo experience will come. I would just suggest that if you want to do that, strand test first! So, start collecting shads As you might end with a redder tone that you want. Other than that, I'm no help :/ But think you are really cute in the second pic. And I do understand that darker colours go better with your make up. Maybe first try something like Manic Panic? They have just raven black, but I know there are other brands like that with "normal" tones, just don't know their names. I used MP for a while and there is no hair damage, but if you get in the rain without and umbrella, count on some bleeding (or however it's the expression for black ). Guess everything has its pro and cons

Length
    6/7/15
    Type
    1c/M/i

Sadly dyes like manic panic do not hold on my roots even a little! Thanks for the responses!!!!!

Type
    2a/M/ii

I have never personally tried henndigo, just henna and my natural hair color is medium brown. But I did look up links you might find useful:
    Show us your henndigoed hair! (for other people's experiences)
    Expressions with Henna- Coloring Hair Naturally (all about henna and indigo)
    Hair Coloring with Herbs, Plants & Other Natural Ingredients (alternatives)
    How to apply indigo the easy way

Hope that helps, good luck!
    MyHairBlog Routine Growth journey pics

Cut into a bob in Nov 2013, henna free Nov 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Sinthia View Post
    Sadly dyes like manic panic do not hold on my roots even a little! Thanks for the responses!!!!!
    Too bad For me box/hairdresser dye would wash out in 2-3 weeks (and I wash once a week!), and MP is still showing through 2 full head hennas (last full head MP was in may, and roots only in june, and summer in the sea in the middle). GL with henndigo (or w/e you decide) and hope you show us what you get

Length
    ChL/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Well, if you don't mind using make up everyday to lessen the contrast, then i think you should henndigo. It suits you well, but very dark colours tend to make your face less noticable unless you wear make up That said, if you do not like your natural haircolor, then dye it the way you like.
    Hennahead since July 2013. NL-CBL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL...
    Current goal: BSL by the end of 2014

Type
    1a/M/i/ii

I'll say yes! I'm always trying to get people who like having the same color for very long periods of time to try henna or a combo of henna and indigo. But definitely strand test. Some people who try indigo have a problem with getting it to stick though. It does tend to fade quicker than the henna for me but I find that using a very fresh henna with good dye content does help with the indigo sticking longer and staining darker. The only problem is that if it doesn't stick for you you're gonna be stuck with red hair. If you're gonna try it I wouldstrand test first and buy some extra in case it doesn't stick the first time. Everyone's different but for me it stayed black or at least a very dark brown when I did the proccess two times. Hope this helped a bit! And also, after a while henndigo tends to have a reddish shine in sunlight.

Length
    BSL/MB/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

If you're willing to commit to a dark colour long-term, and it sounds that you are, then yes, definitely henndigo! Plant dyes are such a healthy & conditioning way of colouring one's hair, after all

Of course, the downside is henndigo is next to impossible to remove, but as you're used to having dark hair and even prefer it, it seems that's not going to be a problem.
    "Life is not, as we are taught, a matter of seeking answers, but rather learning which are the questions we should ask."

Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I want to first say that you look beautiful either way, but I do think the darker hair suites you much better. I've never done hendigo, but I've achieved a med-dark cherry color using henna and hibiscus. However, my natural virgin color is darker than yours. Are you looking to achieve dark hair color with or without the reddish tones?