Thread: Advice for switching from normal shampoo to Aleppo soap?

Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Default Advice for switching from normal shampoo to Aleppo soap?

Hello!

I again want to try a more soft and better hair care routine.
    So i'm using aleppo soap now for a week with after that a ACV rinse.
    Iv'e alway washed my hair with regular drugstore shampoo so I know my hair needs some time to get used to it.
    My hair feels waxy now, but I know I have to give it to weeks so see results.
    I also have hard water so that's a thing...
    I am curious if people here also tried Aleppo soap and how long your hair took to get used to it.

Thx a lot guys!

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Advice for switching from normal shampoo to Aleppo soap?

I used Aleppo soap for a while, but then one time it made my scalp feel very dry and tight, and I never tried it again. It's too bad, really, because the ingredients should be very good for the hair and scalp. If you aren't happy with how it's working after say, 4-6 weeks, then I'd say you should try something else. I wish you success, and welcome to TLHC!

Hello!

Iīve used alepposoap (40%) a few times, but because it takes so long to create a lather, and I also have other shampoos, I switch around on what to use.

Didnīt know your hair needed anything special because you switch from one type of shampoo to aleppo?

Hello!

Iīve used alepposoap (40%) a few times, but because it takes so long to create a lather, and I also have other shampoos, I switch around on what to use. Also, the main reason I tried it was to alleviate scalp itch, which it did nothing for, so...

Didnīt know your hair needed anything special because you switch from one type of shampoo to aleppo?

Length
    26/27-30/??
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Zugar View Post
    It's not just Aleppo, but any kind of shampoo bar. Sometimes there is a long transition period when switching from liquid shampoo to a soap bar. If your old products left residue on your hair, like silicones for example, until the residue is completely gone, the shampoo bar might make the hair feel even more coated.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxen View Post
    It's not just Aleppo, but any kind of shampoo bar. Sometimes there is a long transition period when switching from liquid shampoo to a soap bar. If your old products left residue on your hair, like silicones for example, until the residue is completely gone, the shampoo bar might make the hair feel even more coated.

Aha, this has never happened to me. And Iīve tried a lot of different stuff as substitute for "normal" shampoo.

Type
    1b/M/i/ii

i stopped using it this weekend, i got crazy of it.
    My boyfriend took me to a fancy restaurant last saturday but before that he said: wash your hair with normal shampoo, because it doesn't look good....
    So i did ;p
    Now using just regular shampoo but i'm on the hunt now for some more gentle/sls free shampoo.