Thread: ApHogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor (Question about usage).

Multiple Accounts

Default ApHogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor (Question about usage).

Hi all

I recently used a product called "Scott Cornwall Shine On Original Conditioning Hair Glaze" which has caused some minor damage to my hair.

Will it be okay to use ApHogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor in place of my ordinary conditioner until it feels "normal" again? I was planning on using it every 3rd wash.
    I usually wash my hair every 3 days.
    The damage isn't severe but when I asked my friend, he said it looks a bit dry and it doesn't look as smooth as usual. The irony is, the hair glaze has done the opposite of what it's supposed to do.
    Last edited by goldenears; November 23rd, 2014 at 03:00 AM.

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/TWA/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: ApHogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor (Question about usage).

I have used the 2 minute reconstructor quite a bit, but I haven't used it as often as you plan to. I used to use it once a month since its is an intense-ish protein treatment. My advice would be to use it every 2 weeks, and to always do a moisturising deep conditioning treatment afterwards itherwise you might get protein overload.
    fade -> EL->NL ~> APL ~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL (stretched goals)

Cut off locs and restarting hair journey

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: ApHogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor (Question about usage).

Quote Originally Posted by YvetteVarie View Post
    I have used the 2 minute reconstructor quite a bit, but I haven't used it as often as you plan to. I used to use it once a month since its is an intense-ish protein treatment. My advice would be to use it every 2 weeks, and to always do a moisturising deep conditioning treatment afterwards itherwise you might get protein overload.
    Yep I was having a rough hair patch and I used a Hask keratin protien packet from walmart and it made my hair so soft. but dont over do it
    ۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!