Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Un-happy with my hair.Talkme down from doing something I'll regret.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Un-happy with my hair.Talkme down from doing something I'll regret.

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglocks View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about the stressful situation you are in.

In regards to your hair, whether wanting to do something drastic relates to your stress, or if it's because you're at your awkward stage, either way it will pass. Your awkward stage is just that, a stage, and if you leave your hair along, it will continue to grow and no longer drive you nuts. The only want I made it through that was to put it up and to avoid looking at it for a little while. My awkward stage was about shoulder length. Bleh. The only thing I can think that may keep you satisfied without cutting your hair is looking for new styles for your length. That was you can find something new and exciting to do with your hair, and in no time your hair will be longer and hopefully you'll be happy with it.

Best wishes for you, your hair, and your relationship with your significant other.
    I'm glad you didn't cut it. Perhaps you are focussing on not liking your hair because its a great distraction. It's easier to dislike an inanimate object than sit fully with your feelings.
    In my experience I don't make any big hair decisions while in stressful situations. Your hair and skin are the first things to show stress so judging your hair while you aren't feeling well isn't fair for you or your hair.
    If you're stressed you probably aren't eating well or taking care of yourself the way you should and your hair is just a reflection of that. As soon as you start eating good nutritious food and drinkng lots of water your hair will respond accordingly. When you take care of yourself your perspective changes for the better

Until then Id put it up and out of the way so you aren't even looking at it. There's definitely certain stages of hair growth we all go through and then all a sudden one day you notice that you suddenly like it again.
    Last edited by hennalonghair; October 30th, 2014 at 06:25 PM.

Type
    2a/F/i

Thank you guys...still nothing. We did here from his lawyer saying he did the best he could and that the hearing went well but there's some big issues still. It all falls onto how the judge is feeling now. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting, his mom is on pins and needles...everyone is worried and stressed about it. Even though my hair was pretty clean I ended up washing it today anyways. It just makes me feel better, the act of washing it, conditioning, smoothing in my leave ins, detangling. It's relaxing. I'll have to do a deep treatment soon though, my ends are getting dried out from stress washing... Better than cutting it all off!

I am trying the best I can to take care of myself but I'm not sleeping very well and I feel really blue. I have no appetite, so I force a little something every few hours. I'm probably not drinking enough either. I am trying my hardest!

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    16/30/50
    Type
    1b/F/i

Hang on in there Nadine, sending wishes and hugs x
    Tailbone to Classic!
    Wear your hair up challenge
    Microtrimming and Maintaining

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Yep, hang on in there. This bad time will pass and you are doing really well. Every day that passes brings you that much closer to being in a better space.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

When you're stressed or not feeling right, just wash it, even if it's just the next day. It can be a little pick me up thing. Best wishes on the final judgement.

Length
    4/18/54
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

Nadine, my heart goes out to you, I hope that you find peace soon
    wild and free