Thread: Deposit-only violet dyes (Denmark)

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Deposit-only violet dyes (Denmark)

Hi everyone
    I´ve recently considered dying my hair a purple shade - with a deposit-only product (just colour, no ammonia or bleach or ppd), but I´m quite inexperienced about chemical dyes being a henna-head 5 years. Also, I´m currently living in Denmark, so I´m not sure what brands are avaible here.
    Can you recommend me a good product? I´m looking more for a violet shade than a purple one, as my hair has already some red in it. Thank you very much
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    18 in/18in/floor

Default Re: Deposit-only violet dyes (Denmark)

I'm in the UK. You should be able to ask around and look online and see if you can get them shipped to Denmark.

Try some of these.
    http://www.beeunique.co.uk/index.php...oducts_id=2299

Also look for Pravana vivids. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pravana-Chro...=pravana+vivid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q81QLeK0Haw - this is a good indication of the colour
    I'm not sure how the violet would come out over previously-henna'd hair, I think you get better colour on bleached hair first anyway so as always do a strand test!

Chin - Shoulder - Oxter - BraStrap - Waist - Hip - TailBone - Classic - Knee - Ankle - Floor

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Manic panic and directions is available across the bridge here in Sweden, so I suspect you can get them in Denmark too I've been using Manic panic purple haze (cool toned purple,more like violet) amplified on the ends of my hennaed hair and it showed up much better than expected.

BOB * SL * APL * BSL * WAIST *HIP * BCL * CLASSIC? *

Dr. Technicolor DreamBuns pastina's Avatar
    Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

actually, special fx will probably give you the best color payoff, which is especially important if you're not going to be lightening your base. a lot of their colors have been out of stock for a long time, but i heard yesterday that they'll be shipping out a new batch on monday! (i've been super excited about this for a full day now, since i've had a few green colors on back order since last november!!! but i've had nowhere to about it!)

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Honestly, I'm not sure you'll get a good violet tone over henna. I tried the exact same thing last winter. (Now part of my problem may have been that I decided to leave it on for about 3 hours to ensure I got a good stain over my hennaed but never lightened hair.)

My result was a kinda-awesome purple-black color that faded through brown back to my normal hennaed tones. I used Adore in Purple Rage, but you probably won't find that where you are. (OK, scary how much my hair has grown since that picture last winter. It's nearly classic now.)
    Last edited by Anje; October 24th, 2014 at 09:42 AM.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Thanks girl !
    Ok Anje, I´ll test it to see how the result is going - and not keep it for three hors, even though purple black is pretty darn cool color! Maybe it would channel my inner sailor Saturn
    pastina, are you living in Denmark ? Where you find colour fx?
    Skychild, if I have a visit to London in plan, do you think I will be able to purchase any of this brand locally ?
    Verdandi: good news! Maybe beautycas will have it? Mmmm....
    Thanks thanks thanks for your help
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Dr. Technicolor DreamBuns pastina's Avatar
    Length
    ?/BSL/dunno
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

i'm not, but you can get special fx from beeunique.co.uk , which (i'm pretty sure) ships there.