Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ficcare Trading Post

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Post Ficcare Trading Post

PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE ADDING TO THIS THREAD (Thanks!)

It's been suggested that it might be helpful to have a single place for posting "For Trade" (FT) and "In Search Of" (ISO) desires for swapping and/or finding older-style Ficcare clips. (No current production clips. For current collection trades and searches, please see THIS thread: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=133956) .)

Hopefully this will allow more trades of these older clips to happen and unicorns to find their new homes. This concept and thread guidelines continue to evolve, and I look forward to hearing input and ideas on how to make it work best for everyone.

For trades: Please list what you have and what you'd like to find. Be specific about:

- Size
    - Color
    - Collection
    - Style (Maximas, Ficci, Innovation, etc.)

Use the Ficcare database http://ficcaredatabase.weebly.com/ to help. Include pics if you can. If you have more than one item to trade and you're very specific about what you'd like for each item, please include that on the post. If you're open to selling your clip(s), please note that. When this thread started, listing prices was discouraged because there weren't many options in the new collections and prices varied wildly. Now, however, I think we'd agree that although pricing on older clips (especially styles not likely to be re-introduced) is likely to be higher than current clips, the numbers I'm seeing seem more stable. So perhaps it's time to allow prices to be listed - just please remember that bidding isn't allowed. We'll see how it goes.

Again, please ensure that you're listing only older clips. To trade or search for newer clips currently in production, see THIS thread.

For ISO: If there's a specific old-style clip you're in search of, this will also be a place to get that request out. Please mention if you have hairtoys other than older Ficcares that you could offer in trade (yes, here's where you can mention current production clips as PART of a trade), or if you're interested in a purchase only. If this portion of the Ficcare Trading Post becomes unwieldy and overwhelms the intent of trading older clips, I'll discontinue it.

As of today's update, there have already been some GREAT trades (as well as WONDERFUL pics), so keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Willowyn; September 12th, 2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Added info on the current collection trade thread and changed policy on listing prices.

"Put down roots. Grow strong. Stay flexible."

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Ficcare Trading Post

Great idea! I have a large turquoise stripe maxima (will add photos later) that I'm willing to swap. I may possibly be willing to swap other items but will discuss that one on one if that's ok. I do have a medium jet black maxima to throw in if necessary. Did I do this right? I am willing to sell the turquoise clip but would like to swap if possible. Funds are limited right now so I'd prefer to swap. I will have to look through my thinks and see what fork/sticks I'd be willing to let go. I also have a large Blonde Superclip I might consider letting go.

My list of desired clips;
    Large Maximas from leopard collection (black/white/silver) *bottom clip in link http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=95
    Large lotus Brite Black&white maxima. (Possibly a silver lotus)
    Large maxima Silky "sea blue"
    Large ficcarissimo in chocolate, cobalt, all silver or other fall colors (silver backed)
    Medium black or all silver superclip
    Large all silver Superclip
    Medium or Large auburn superclip or possibly honey marble
    Medium or Large innovation clip (icy silver, silver primavera or plain silver,)
    *not sure what other colors of innovations and superclips were made..I'm interested in most colors as long as they aren't borders (even gold backed)

Clips I'm willing to trade;
    GONE-Large turquoise multi stripe maxima
    Medium Jet black maxima (old collection)
    WITHDRAWN Large light Blonde super clip (I will only let this go for a black&white clip mentioned above or another large/med superclip)

Last edited by curlsgalore; December 29th, 2014 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Added photos and info

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Hi Curlsgalore! Everything you've mentioned falls within the guidelines, AND you've actually done the one thing that I forgot about as an alternative. Posting on the thread instead of a PM to me. Cool. Maybe that would be better than me keeping the list? It means that members posting would have to keep their own posts updated for availability and that interested traders would have to peruse the whole thread. Hmmmm.....?

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Quote Originally Posted by curlsgalore View Post
    Great idea! I have a large turquoise stripe maxima (will add photos later) that I'm willing to swap. I may possibly be willing to swap other items but will discuss that one on one if that's ok. I do have a medium jet black maxima to throw in if necessary. Did I do this right? I am willing to sell the turquoise clip but would like to swap if possible.

My list of desired clips;
    Large Maximas in leopard (black with with spots)
    Large maxima Silky "sea blue"
    Large ficcarissimo in chocolate, cobalt, or other fall colors (silver backed)

Was I supposed to pm you first?
    I think it might be too overwhelming if everyone pm'd Willow First. I think if you want to remain anonymous than that would be the time to PM her. Otherwise, I think it might make it faster for people to just post their offers if they want it to be seen immediately, unless you want to wait. It would also be helpful if people list the specific piece in accordance to it's proper collection for easier identification.

Curls when you are looking for a leopard do you mean from the "leopard collection," or the "border I" collection. I'm assuming you're looking for the one in the leopard collection:
    http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=95
    and the color specification according to the catalog would be White/Black/Silver

Also it would help to list what you are offering to trade for that piece, and also what $ price you are willing to pay for anything you are looking for if you decide you'd be also interested in buying.

I do have several Ficci pieces you are looking for, but I have no clue what you'd offer for it.

Account Closed by Member Request

Yes, you're right Rowie, that's the clip! Thank you. I'm adding pics to my post above. I'd rather swap at the moment since my funds are limited. I will updatemy post and try and be more specific.

Length
    28/44/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii

What a wonderful idea for a thread. Thank you!
    Updated 2/4/2017

ISO:
    - Ficci Crystal Clear
    - Lotus Jewel Burgundy (L)
    - Border Bright Yellow (M or L)
    - Border Golden Pearl (M or L)

- Lily Gold (L)
    - Primavera Tortoise (dark brown) (L)
    - Primavera Black (L)
    - Primavera Silver (L)
    - Primavera Gold (L)
    - Primavera Silver Glittery (L)
    - Diamond Topaz (L)
    - Diamond Amethyst (L)
    - Diamond Pink (L)

Ficcares For Trade:
    - Diamond Olivine M
    - Diamond Aurora Borealis Silver M
    - Diamond Turquoise Antique Silver M
    - Diamond Aurora Borealis Gold M
    - Diamond Topaz S
    - Superstar Gold M
    - Primavera Silver Glittery S
    - Lotus Gold M
    - Primavera Gold S
    - Multistripe Brown L
    - Multistripe Cream L
    - Border Zebra S
    - I also have most of my "ISO:" clips in M I'm looking to trade for L

Please make me an offer

Thank you,
    Leeloo
    Last edited by Leeloo; February 15th, 2017 at 01:33 PM.

Lady Leeloo Minai, Keeper of the Fifth Key, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a-M-iiCL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-ClassicDrop by drop fills the tub” - Proverb

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    I think it might be too overwhelming if everyone pm'd Willow First. I think if you want to remain anonymous than that would be the time to PM her. Otherwise, I think it might make it faster for people to just post their offers if they want it to be seen immediately, unless you want to wait. It would also be helpful if people list the specific piece in accordance to it's proper collection for easier identification.

Curls when you are looking for a leopard do you mean from the "leopard collection," or the "border I" collection. I'm assuming you're looking for the one in the leopard collection:
    http://www.ficcare.com/Products.aspx?collId=95
    and the color specification according to the catalog would be White/Black/Silver

Also it would help to list what you are offering to trade for that piece, and also what $ price you are willing to pay for anything you are looking for if you decide you'd be also interested in buying.

I do have several Ficci pieces you are looking for, but I have no clue what you'd offer for it.
    Thank you Rowie. Right after I saw the post from Curlsgalore, I KNEW that was the way to go!! I don't think I could manage all the PMs. And I trust that those who have a passion for the older clips won't mind having to go through the thread, so long as everyone is good about keeping their original listing posts updated.

ETA: Please no prices. My personal feeling on that is that those discussions should happen offline. The intent of this thread is to trade. If money changes hands, that should be a private discussion.
    Last edited by Willowyn; October 21st, 2014 at 01:40 PM.

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Not really looking anymore! However if I have something you want feel free to make me an offer by sending me a PM. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
    Last edited by rowie; November 29th, 2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: updates

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Withdrawn for now.
    Last edited by Islandgrrl; November 25th, 2014 at 12:03 PM.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Unexpected Combination PinkyCat's Avatar
    Under the bed, waiting for dangling ankles...
    Length
    Black/Numbr/One
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Oooooh yay!
    I have a few larges I'd like to trade for smalls. I'll post later...

Lady Roseus
    of the
    Cherry Blossom Hallow in the Order of the Long Haired Knights. >x<)))> veni vidi crepi.