Page 1 of 353 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

I need a place where I have some accountability to check in every time I deep condition. I mean to deep condition every week, but sometimes more than a month passes without deep conditioning. So, this is a place to check in while you marinade in your deep treatment of choice.

Please list in your post what you are using on your hair, how often you use it (or if it is your first try), how long you leave it in, and of course, photos are always welcome! Tell us what you like about it or how you think your treatment helps your hair, too.

I'll start:

After I finish this post, I'm headed to use my spray bottle and dampen my hair from the ears down with plain water. Then I am going to use SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment... 4 parts conditioner, 1 part honey, 1 part aloe vera gel) with the conditioner in it as Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Conditioner. I don't bother deep conditioning above the ears. Then a plastic processing cap and a towel over the top to hold the heat in. I have a cordless heat cap that you put in the microwave to warm it, but it's kind of a pain to use. I can never get my hair to fit neatly into it. I'll probably go 30-60 minutes marinading like that and then go take a shower and get dressed for the day (in pajamas right now... so comfy).

Like I said, I try to deep condition every week. I actually DID deep condition last week, so I'm on a roll doing it again today. I like how soft and smooth my ends are after doing this SMT.

Things I want to try - catnip tea, and considering a protein treatment. I do use Mane n Tail once a week and Organix Coconut Conditioner with Egg Protein every other week for a few minutes of protein in the shower, but have never used a protein deep treatment.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Deep Conditioning/Treatment Check-in Thread

Good thread! I might join since I could benefit from more structure in my routine,but so far I don't know exactly how long my hair can go without needing a DT. Every week seems like a lot,maybe every two or three weeks? Once a month?
    I did my DT last week and so far my hair feels ok.I'll lurk this thread until DT time comes

Don't know if this qualifies as a DT, but I wash my hair once a week and if nothing comes in between use to do oiling a few hours before, then apply SMT, rinse out, shampoo, SMT, vinegar rinse. Sometimes between the shampoo and last SMT, I use coconut milk.

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Great thread idea!

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    I mean to deep condition every week, but sometimes more than a month passes without deep conditioning.
    I do this also. A lot of times I accidentally go over 3 months without deep conditioning.

I do SMTs normally, but I usually modify it a little and add olive oil. In the winter, I scrap the humectants and replace them with really heavy leave-in type conditioners. I also love to add a super strong brew of Nettle tea to it.

I actually also want to do a protein treatment. I've never done one before and my hair seems to really need it. This week or the next I'll grab a couple of those Henna N Placenta packs from Sally Beauty Supply and do an SMT right after.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Does conditioning twice to even three times a wash count, if so then my hair's DT'd every week (with the (C)WCC method).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

just here for the cheese
    Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterinleo View Post
    Great thread idea!

I do this also. A lot of times I accidentally go over 3 months without deep conditioning.

I do SMTs normally, but I usually modify it a little and add olive oil. In the winter, I scrap the humectants and replace them with really heavy leave-in type conditioners. I also love to add a super strong brew of Nettle tea to it.

I actually also want to do a protein treatment. I've never done one before and my hair seems to really need it. This week or the next I'll grab a couple of those Henna N Placenta packs from Sally Beauty Supply and do an SMT right after.
    I like to think I'm open minded, but this made my eyes bulge from my head

Lately I've been considering using an indigo/conditioner mix on my ends to see if I can get them to match with my new growth, but I want to do at least one more deep condition/manic panic treatment for halloween (I'm going to be Leela from futurama! Mate won't be with me this halloween, but I asked him to be Fry ) Normally I do just my pony tail, but I think I'll try doing my whole head this time! So I'm off to brew up a purpley deep conditioning treatment!
    With one religion, we cannot listen. With one color, we cannot see.
    With one culture, we cannot feel. Without you we can't even remember.

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MsPharaohMoan View Post
    I like to think I'm open minded, but this made my eyes bulge from my head
    I know! I felt the same way when I first saw it. It definitely made me go "WTF?" But I did a bunch of searching around and essentially it's the only option out there that I can buy directly from a store and isn't crazy expensive. I'll post about my results after I do the treatment.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I used to weekly hot oil treatment prior to shampooing then I'd shampoo follow by deep conditioning treatment. I loved it until my scalp got too oily. I also used leave in conditioner and serum. I use the wcc and I get double conditioners and I dropped the hot oil. My scalp has calmed down. I'm going to monthly deep conditioner just to use up my last two deep conditioners. When I deep conditioned I was using a different shampoo brand and it wasn't made for my hair it left it needing moisture.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    APL/APL/TBL!
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I need to deep condition soon too
    I keep forgetting.
    I really wanna try out an SMT but I can't find aloe vera gel (clear) ANYWHERE.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FallingDarkness View Post
    I need to deep condition soon too
    I keep forgetting.
    I really wanna try out an SMT but I can't find aloe vera gel (clear) ANYWHERE.
    If you can find edible aloe vera juice, it will work.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017