Thread: Newbie here!

Default Newbie here!

Hi, everyone, I'm new here. For most of my life I have dreamed of having long hair, but had convinced myself it wasn't possible because my hair wasn't "pretty". It is fine and thin and not really straight but not really wavy. Only since having a daughter with hair just like mine did I get determined to figure out how to love my hair. I've come a long way, first realizing that the Curly Girl method really helps my hair, even though it isn't very curly. I made it to bra-strap length before chopping it back to chin-length again, but I think I got stuck because I was trying too hard to treat it like curly hair. It is kind of in-between, so I kind of need an in-between approach, I think. And I didn't know much in the way of braiding and up-dos. So, now I'm ready to try again, and I think the LHC is really going to help me this time! I'm excited to be here!

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Newbie here!

Greetings and welcome. You've come to the right place. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfy.
    Can I get you a coffee or a tea?
    Last edited by hennalonghair; October 15th, 2014 at 12:50 AM.

Length
    22.5/25.25/??
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Welcome! You will learn so much here and everyone is very kind :-)
    No Trims for second half of 2018
    *deep conditioning & Olaplaex treatment*
    Currently Shoulder length~06/2018!

Length
    14/21/?
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Welcome Alexa! There is so much we can learn from fellow LHC members. I used to have long hair back in the early '90s. But I wasn't taking care of it properly. I cut my own bangs because I was told I needed them. I have a very high forehead. But I cut so far back, almost to the top of my head. But the absolute worst thing I did was spiral perms. After that, I kept my hair short. Now I'm growing it as long as it will grow, bangs and all. Like you, I'm excited to be here!

Coffee, please!

Thank you for the welcomes!

SnowbirdRose, I have a very high forehead, too! It used to bother me a lot when I was younger. I have tried bangs off and on over the years, and have also decided I'm better off without them. Layers, too, actually. My hair is so fine and thin, body just isn't an option, no matter how many layers I add. In fact, I got a stronger wave pattern without layers, so that's a plus, and my ends at least look thicker.