Page 108 of 219 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 2186

Thread: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarahgrace View Post
    I have a vitamix!
    And a dry container!
    Bought it to make own almond flour...
    That never happened.

I will get some
    Hibiscus on the way home. Do i need to do hibiscus with henna or can I just apply hibiscus alone over night. I am doing a second application of red raj with conditiner and coffee right now, just to start building up some coats, hopefully it will
    Darken the way it used to with multiple applications
    I buy hibiscus powder from Henna Sooq or the local Indian grocery.

I mix the powder in with my henna, hot water and all the other goodies I put in my henna blend. I do not add it at the end after dye release.

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Tonight I hennaed my hair and here was my recipe
    50 grams Godrej Nupur Henna
    1 heaping tbsp hibiscus powder
    1 level tbsp beet root powder
    1 level tbsp rubbarb powder
    1/2 camomile tea(lukewarm)
    2/3 cup coconut milk
    5 to 7 drops peppermint oil

Put it all in the food processor and made a nice creamy blend and did my roots and smoothed the rest done my length.
    I left it on for only 2 hours and LOVE the colour. I don't want to go too dark with too much hibiscus so I thought I'd switch it up a bit.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    2/3 cup coconut milk

Put it all in the food processor and made a nice creamy blend and did my roots and smoothed the rest done my length.
    I left it on for only 2 hours and LOVE the colour. I don't want to go too dark with too much hibiscus so I thought I'd switch it up a bit.
    That's interesting, hennalonghair. I wonder if beet powder would be "drawn into" the hair shaft like hibiscus powder seems to be. If so, it might be an alternative for folks who don't have access to hibiscus powder.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    That's interesting, hennalonghair. I wonder if beet powder would be "drawn into" the hair shaft like hibiscus powder seems to be. If so, it might be an alternative for folks who don't have access to hibiscus powder.
    Yes possibly. Also it might prevent others from becoming too dark. The beetroot powder produces a very true red so it kind of offsets the blue red from the hibiscus. I'm going to alternate in using these to maintain my ideal colour.
    Plus it went so smoothly. Two hours isn't too bad. Yayyyy

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Yes possibly. Also it might prevent others from becoming too dark. The beetroot powder produces a very true red so it kind of offsets the blue red from the hibiscus. I'm going to alternate in using these to maintain my ideal colour.
    Plus it went so smoothly. Two hours isn't too bad. Yayyyy
    No, two hours isn't bad at all.

Length
    CL/60cm/BSL+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I did an henndigo 2 nights ago (let the henndigo in my hair all-night long ).
    This is my hair now: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...8&d=1427453249

I love the burgundy streaks in the lengths (i carefully put the henndigo with a tint brush over the first 5/6 inches of hair near the scalp, then i splashed the remaining paste into the lenghts), so probably the uneven color is due to the approssimative coating

Oh and i love the shine that natural herb coloring gives to my hair (and the peas/grass smell too, even if my BF doesn't stand it too much )
    "Any human being who is becoming independent of conditionings, of religions, scriptures, prophets and messiahs, has arrived home. He has found the treasure which was hidden in his own being." •Osho•

Length
    36/BCL/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

2/3 cup coconut milk

I am very curious about your mix, hennalonghair. Would you say adding the beetroot to the mix counteracted the cooler tones of the hibiscus? Do you see any difference in the sun light? I still haven't ordered the hibiscus powder from henna sooq but will eventually.

I love, love your color jackie_brown! It's exactly what mine looks like in normal lighting, however when the sun hits my hair i get pronounced burgundy red strips all over but in the shade my hair looks dark brown/black.

I tried to add a recent photo of my hair to this thread to show you the cherry cola/burgundy tones but for some reason it's not working. If you all click on my profile you can see it as my new profile photo. The sun was coming through the window when i took that photo.

“You are only afraid if you are not in harmony with yourself.” H. Hesse

Length
    CL/60cm/BSL+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrielle View Post
    I am very curious about your mix, hennalonghair. Would you say adding the beetroot to the mix counteracted the cooler tones of the hibiscus? Do you see any difference in the sun light? I still haven't ordered the hibiscus powder from henna sooq but will eventually.

I love, love your color jackie_brown! It's exactly what mine looks like in normal lighting, however when the sun hits my hair i get pronounced burgundy red strips all over but in the shade my hair looks dark brown/black.

I tried to add a recent photo of my hair to this thread to show you the cherry cola/burgundy tones but for some reason it's not working. If you all click on my profile you can see it as my new profile photo. The sun was coming through the window when i took that photo.
    Your color is very beautiful, Ambrielle!
    It seems that everytime I do hair photos it's rainy or cloudy, so there is no direct sunlight but only a scattered grey/white light that comes from the window glasses... and my hair looks darker than how it looks in direct sunlight (there is still something of dark auburn in it, like your profile pic ).
    I noticed some fading in my indigo in the past weeks but i thinked it would have completely washed out (a part of indigo stuck in my hair).
    I'm going to wash my hair Sunday or Monday (with no sulfate shampoo) and in the meanwhile i have to deal with a little itchy scalp and blue stained fingernails
    "Any human being who is becoming independent of conditionings, of religions, scriptures, prophets and messiahs, has arrived home. He has found the treasure which was hidden in his own being." •Osho•

Length
    36/BCL/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jackie_brown View Post
    Your color is very beautiful, Ambrielle!
    It seems that everytime I do hair photos it's rainy or cloudy, so there is no direct sunlight but only a scattered grey/white light that comes from the window glasses... and my hair looks darker than how it looks in direct sunlight (there is still something of dark auburn in it, like your profile pic ).
    I noticed some fading in my indigo in the past weeks but i thinked it would have completely washed out (a part of indigo stuck in my hair).
    I'm going to wash my hair Sunday or Monday (with no sulfate shampoo) and in the meanwhile i have to deal with a little itchy scalp and blue stained fingernails
    Thank you.
    So do you think re applying the indigo helped with its staying power? I'll be using mine soon with henna but i am afraid it could be too drying for my hair.

“You are only afraid if you are not in harmony with yourself.” H. Hesse

Length
    CL/60cm/BSL+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrielle View Post
    Thank you.
    So do you think re applying the indigo helped with its staying power? I'll be using mine soon with henna but i am afraid it could be too drying for my hair.
    Probably henna helped indigo to get stuck on my hair, plus i kept it all night long... right after washing out the mud and let it airdry, my hair felt soft but at the same time a little rough and frizzy (i think it's the indigo because it doesn't feel this way with henna only), so i put on some flaxseed gel and a little quantity of shea butter+conditioner+coconut oil on the ends (it's a DT used here at LHC but i don't remember its name ).
    Now my hair is much less frizzy and still soft
    I think that if you mix the indigo with henna it won't be extremely drying on the hair... plus it will be easier to apply (even if sifted, indigo by itself doesn't form a gelly/smooth paste as the henna, but a gritty/dry one that is more difficult to distribute because it tends to crumble if you try to spread it out).
    Because indigo tends to fading out, i don't suggest to make addictions to the indigo paste in order to make it easier to apply and less drying (they could interfere with the dye uptake).
    Better IMO doing an henndigo taking advantage of the conditioning properties of henna.
    But if you want to reach black, you have to use indigo alone.
    (I hope I've been able to write in correct/decent English ), more twisted are the subjects, more difficult is to explain oneself ).