Page 141 of 219 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2186

Thread: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Length
    chin/28/CL/FT
    Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

MyGameMyRules, I got kinda the color you want just by using one "henniscus" application for 5 hours. The mix consisted of 100g BAQ henna and 100g of milled hibiscus, terped with about 10 drops of tea tree oil. I put hibiscus into hot (but not too hot) water separately for 10mins, then mixed into the henna that already released with warm water, then terped. But I'd say it's more chestnut than chocolate. It has the same subtle copper sheen as in the picture you posted and it's a similar brown, just slightly warmer. I dont like orange either but one layer of henna is realy subtle. I'd do a strand test in your place. Idk maybe you want to use amla, I've read it gives ashy tones, but idk how it will behave exactly without indigo. Look for the mixes with amla. Indigo mixes seem complicated to maintain because indigo washes out and it's super reactive with stuff and then gives ugly color.

P.S. my natural color is medium mousy brown
    Last edited by unicornlady; May 22nd, 2015 at 03:48 PM.
    ...nothing smart to put in this signature atm...

Length
    19"/19"/27"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Thanks unicornlady for the advice. I'll try looking for amla mixes that might work for me. I'll be picking up some tea tree oil then.

I've ordered 600g of Red Raj, 200g grams each of amla, cassia, indigo, and hibiscus powder all from Henna Sooq. Then just because I've LOVE this result picture, I bought 800g of Ancient Sunrise Purity from Mehandi. Like I said, I have so many pics I love and all differ just a bit but same ballpark overall I think. It's probably too good to be true for me to get results like those from just the Purity. It's stunning!

Here's what she got. And I wanna snatch it right off her head, heehee. Anyone with ideas or experience with Purity, please feel free to let me know. Thanks all!

http://i54.tinypic.com/qoeukh.jpg

Length
    19"/19"/27"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

No, thank you auni for the response! It's appreciated. I am afraid to use indigo but figured it would end up being an unfortunate necessity so I don't go flaming red. I'm hoping I find a mix that won't need it.

Length
    19"/19"/27"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Calling all BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Nightshade I'm not against having no copper at all since I have it already in the sun. I'd just like to get a cooler red brown overall and a bit of copper is ok. Any ideas? I just replied to auni what I've got coming so far. What else should I get in addition to these? Here goes:

600g Red Raj
    200g amla powder
    200g cassia powder
    200g hibiscus powder
    200g indigo
    All the above from Henna Sooq. And because it's drop dead gorgeous, and says she used Purity, from Mehandi I ordered
    800g Ancient Sunrise Purity

Length
    19"/19"/27"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Thank you hennalonghair for the advice. It why I'm here. I need all the help I can get before I touch my head! I replied to nightshade but it was meant to thank both of you. I just forgot to add your name to it. Oops! I also included a link to a pic that says she used Ancient Sunrise Purity. I believe her starting color was much lighter than mine so I ordered the indigo just in case. I'm hoping to never use it because I agree, it's unpredictable and sometimes scary.

Buy, I did stock up on the Ancient Sunrise Purity in the off chance that it could be that easy. Yeah, I wish! Here's the pic.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Vanilla and germanium aren't terpes at all but can still be used for added fragrance. Oil of oregano works exceptionally well BUT you only need a drop or two. It's extremely potent stuff and can be sonewhat drying .
    I happen to find adding terpes , as in essential oils , makes a big difference , not only how well it stains but for how I long I need to leave the henna on for. It seems to cut the henna time in half for me.
    Hibiscus should be mixed with the henna. Mix your henna and then add the hibiscus to your mix. You'll most likely need to add more liquid.
    I've presently got henna sitting on my head now.

Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MyGameMyRules View Post
    Nightshade I'm not against having no copper at all since I have it already in the sun. I'd just like to get a cooler red brown overall and a bit of copper is ok. Any ideas? I just replied to auni what I've got coming so far. What else should I get in addition to these? Here goes:

600g Red Raj
    200g amla powder
    200g cassia powder
    200g hibiscus powder
    200g indigo
    All the above from Henna Sooq. And because it's drop dead gorgeous, and says she used Purity, from Mehandi I ordered
    800g Ancient Sunrise Purity

That looks like a nice list if you are looking for brownish red.
    There's even a henndigo thread and the members in that would be better able to help you.
    Not that I don't want to, it's just that they know more about getting that colour than most of us do.
    We are cherry cola henna heads.

Length
    pixie/26.5/34
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Waiting for dye release with my henniscus so I can apply it before bed. Looking forward to see my colour tomorrow!

Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I just did my roots with Yemeni and hibiscus and I'm quite impressed. The colour from this henna is like henna on steroids. I will write up my recipe tomorrow but I used 1/4 cup of henna and 6 tbsps of hot water along with a few other things including honey, which I NEVER normally use. I forgot that I was documenting it all so wanted to have some consistency and I just blew that altogether. I remembered Texangurrrrrrl saying that it was gritty so I thought the honey would smooth it out some which it did. Anyway I covered it and waited for dye release. I took pictures and everyrhing except for my hair which I'll show after it oxidizes. That will give me time to do the write up. I only waited 3 hours for dye release and left it on from 60 to 90 minutes. It stained nicely. Next time I'll leave out the honey because it may have interfered with its adherence.

Where did you find the yemeni henna, hennalonghair? Or did you have some stockpiled?