Page 2 of 219 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all CHERRY COLA or BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

Length
    Waist/Clasc/?
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Re: Calling all BURGUNDY henna heads!!!

I am a relative newcomer to hair coloring--less than six months with henna and three months with indigo. Whatever color I get is far superior to what I got with semi and demis that I tried. Indigo seems to stick for me as I dont see orange anymore. I only cowash my hair--that maybe a contributing factor.

Length
    2"/45"/55"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I've started using the Burgundy mix from The Henna Guys, I cannot praise it enough! I used to use Red Raj, and it still gave me ugly orange roots. Plus, it's never in stock when i need it, so Red Raj is pretty much a waste of my time.

I've done 2 full head applications of the Burgundy mix & LOVE it!! My roots are a vibrant, deep cherry red!!
    (I have a lot of greys, so they definitely can glow orange with other hennas. Not really a look i want, since my ends are a deep cherry red.)

I mix my henna with full fat greek yogurt & honey, apply immediately & leave it on 8-10 hours or longer.
    I got the deep cherry red on my first application & I do not have any weird fading. It's all still deep cherry red after 3-4 weeks.
    I never thought I'd use indigo, but I am sold on this mix. It's just perfect.

In sunlight, my hair looks exactly like the color in their before/after pics. It is that intense.

Here's a poor indoor shot, but you can still see how red the ends are.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Oh ok so this is all new to you. Well this is good news that the indigo sticks to your hair because many people can't get the blues to stay which makes customizing colours challenging.
    I've been using henna for more than 30 years now.
    So I can't ask you how Indigo from the henna guys compares with others but that's ok. The very fact that it works for you speaks volumes. Thanks again
    Last edited by hennalonghair; October 8th, 2014 at 10:47 PM.

Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

It's Dragonflypie! Oh boy do I have a LOT to say to you with probably a few questions but I'll have to write it out in my notes first and then post. OMG you have been my henna idol for the last 2 days. When I first saw your posts about the henna guys, read what you had to say and then saw that FABULOUS burgundy red hair of yours, I knew I had to get whatever you were using. So I ordered 300 grams of burgundy and 300 grams of deep red from these guys.
    I'm sooooo excited to try it and have sooo much more to say. Your posts really have inspired me so thank you so much!!!!
    More to come later.

Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Gosh speaking of gratitude. Life has this mysterious way of bringing to us what we desire and you are exactly the person I needed to talk with.*
    You have greying roots so completely 'get' the orangey roots factor which can be very annoying. If there is no colour pigment for the henna to attach to then you are left with pure henna stain glowly framing your face. Far from attractive.*
    Like yourself I'm also concerned with using indigo as it just doesn't take with me. The indigo washes out quickly leaving yet again..... ( you got it) ..... Orange!!!!

Ok like I mentioned in the previous post, I have a few questions.*
    You said you've done 2 complete treatments of burgundy on your entire head so far.*
    1/. Do you plan to continue full hair treatments and how often do you do this?
    2/. Did you get red roots on the first application?
    3/. Will you be doing just root applications and if so, how often?
    4/. How many grams of it did you use each time?
    5/. What colour was your hair before you applied the burgundy? Red?*
    6/. How much of each ingredient do you add with your henna.?*
    I'd love to follow through with some kind of set recipe so I remember what I did. I usually use coconut milk but full fat yogurt has lots of protein which my hair loves)
    7/. Do you use colour protectant shampoo and how often do you shampoo?*
    The fact that the colour has lasted 3 to 4 weeks is truly amazing.*
    8/. Does the colour from your hair ever stain your clothes?
    Sorry for such an inquisition about your haircare regimen but I'm seriously in love with your hair and colour. It honestly looks stunning and if mine looks half as good I'll be one happy woman. I'll make sure to take pics but still don't know how to post them yet.
    Thank you sooo much Dragonflypie my henna idol

Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Ok maybe a few too many questions...

Length
    2"/45"/55"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    Gosh speaking of gratitude. Life has this mysterious way of bringing to us what we desire and you are exactly the person I needed to talk with.*
    You have greying roots so completely 'get' the orangey roots factor which can be very annoying. If there is no colour pigment for the henna to attach to then you are left with pure henna stain glowly framing your face. Far from attractive.*
    Like yourself I'm also concerned with using indigo as it just doesn't take with me. The indigo washes out quickly leaving yet again..... ( you got it) ..... Orange!!!!

Ok like I mentioned in the previous post, I have a few questions.*
    You said you've done 2 complete treatments of burgundy on your entire head so far.*
    1/. Do you plan to continue full hair treatments and how often do you do this?
    2/. Did you get red roots on the first application?
    3/. Will you be doing just root applications and if so, how often?
    4/. How many grams of it did you use each time?
    5/. What colour was your hair before you applied the burgundy? Red?*
    6/. How much of each ingredient do you add with your henna.?*
    I'd love to follow through with some kind of set recipe so I remember what I did. I usually use coconut milk but full fat yogurt has lots of protein which my hair loves)
    7/. Do you use colour protectant shampoo and how often do you shampoo?*
    The fact that the colour has lasted 3 to 4 weeks is truly amazing.*
    8/. Does the colour from your hair ever stain your clothes?
    Sorry for such an inquisition about your haircare regimen but I'm seriously in love with your hair and colour. It honestly looks stunning and if mine looks half as good I'll be one happy woman. I'll make sure to take pics but still don't know how to post them yet.
    Thank you sooo much Dragonflypie my henna idol
    Haha! OMG thank you!!

Here is a link to some of my hair pictures for reference (hope that works):
    http://s26.photobucket.com/user/Tsel...Hair%20-%20LHC
    I tried to label everything, i think. At least to the best of my ability & memory.

Questions....
    1.Yes, I plan to do full head applications indefinitely. My ends never get any darker, so I don't really see it being an issue. We will see though
    2. Roots came out the exact same color as my ends on the first application - very red. I just checked them today & there is absolutely no difference in color that I can see between roots/ends. I noticed no significant fading after 3-4 weeks either.
    3. I prefer to do whole head applications, it's just easier. I have way too much hair to try to section everything out for roots only, and it's impossible for me to just slather it through - gets too matted & tangly feeling. I usually do henna every 4 weeks or so, when my ashy brown & grey roots start showing.
    4. I only use 100g of henna every time i do my hair. My hair is butt length.
    5. I've been using henna for a few years now, so it's been a medium-dark auburn i guess. Sometimes I use manic panic though, so it could be deep fuchsia or purplish. In my album, the wavy length shots (with LOC label) on the 1st page were taken before I used the Burgundy henna. But lighting sucks, so I dunno if it's helpful.)
    6. I use 16oz of full fat greek yogurt & maybe 1/4 cup of honey (i dont measure), then add hot water as necessary to thin it out a bit.
    7. Currently, I use Pantene clarifying shampoo. About a spoonful mixed in an 8oz bottle of water & just concentrate on washing my scalp with that. I use Pantene conditioner (i have several different ones, so just use whatever I grab first.) I wash every 2-3 days usually.
    8. I haven't noticed any staining. It does bleed red a little the first few washes. Not sure what causes that. But i usually keep it in a bun (even when wet), & wear dark colors, so it hasn't been an issue.

Hope I answered everything! LOL

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by hennalonghair View Post
    Apparently the burgundy has indigo but the deep red doesnt. It has hibiscus added to enhance the reds.
    Hmmm, maybe I should try adding hibiscus powder to my red raj to get a deeper red color. Have you received this in the mail yet? I'm curious to know all the ingredients listed (if there's more).

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

hennalonghair, just out of curiosity, what is your natural or starting hair color? Mine was a medium-dark brown.

Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Oh thanks so much. Aren't you are dear!
    So the roots came out bright red on the first application . Well that's inspiring. What's even better is that you have ashy brown with grey roots which is exactly what I have. I've been using henna for over30 years though but I've currently got the orangey auburn colour. I'm really surprised that the colour holds well since you wash fairly often. And only 100 grams for all that hair? Shut up???
    Now that's amazing coverage. I figured I'd need to use the entire 300 grams. Thanks for giving me these measurements. It sounds like an amazing protein treatment as well as full on colour.
    I also just shampoo my scalp. To do the roots easily I condition the length of my hair first and leave it on while the roots get stained. I've got a lot of hair also and this keeps it sleek and manageable instead of a tangled mess.*
    I'm not sure how I'll manage with this henna but I know after two weeks I have roots showing. Four weeks just wouldn't cut it for me.
    So YES you answered all my questions and then some.
    I will try my hardest to put before and after photos for you*
    My henna isn't supposed to arrive for a couple of weeks yet so it'll be a while.*
    Thank you so much again. That was a mini project I gave you and you pulled it off with flying colours.
    Much appreciated