Thread: Question about hennaed hair and honey in a CV 'poo bar

Length
    BSL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Question Question about hennaed hair and honey in a CV 'poo bar

Ok, so my hair LOOOOOVES the CV carrot, milk and honey shampoo bar. It's my favorite 'poo bar. I've recently become a henna head (2 full applications spaced two weeks apart - yay!) and I love the dark red that I've achieved. I know that there is a method of removing henna using the honey treatment and I'm concerned that if I continue to use the carrot, milk and honey 'poo bar, my henna will begin to fade (which I don't want). Does anyone have any experience using this particular bar with hennaed hair over long periods of time? Or can someone tell me what the effects would be if I continue to use this?

Length
    buzz/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2b/C/ii

Default Re: Question about hennaed hair and honey in a CV 'poo bar

I believe that when people use honey to lighten their hair they're relying on the very small amount of peroxide present in raw, unheated honey. I'd be very surprised if there's any significant amount of peroxide left in your CV bar after the process of making it into soap is finished. I'll bet if you emailed CV about it they could give you a definitive answer, though.

Length
    SL/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

I think when honey is mixed with water and let sit for about an hour then peroxide starts to be released, then it's left in the hair for awhile before rinsing. So I think your good.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Agreeing with the above.

1) It takes quite a lot of honey and long application periods to get lightening from the peroxide in honey. I doubt the little bit of honey in the small amount of your shampoo bar that you use for a wash for a few minutes would make a difference, even if the relevant enzymes survived the process.

2) For most people, henna pretty much doesn't come off without practically dissolving the hair with harsh chemicals. When you hear that it's permanent, we're not talking "it says permanent on the box" red-hairdye permanent. We're talking about ACTUAL permanency. That stuff welds itself to keratin.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!