Thread: Does anyone have success removing Hendigo with Bleach?

Length
    30/40/40
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Does anyone have success removing Hendigo with Bleach?

Long story short, I have Indigo Henna in my hair (not the 100% pure kind) and using it was something I regret as I didn't know about how permanent Henna is. I used it one day in a hair disaster as it was my only option. (My Mother occasionally uses Henna to remove greys).

I'm not happy with the colour and wanted to return to having bright hair (I was thinking maybe pink or purple).

A few days ago I smothered my hair in Coconut oil and let it sit for 24 hours before applying 30 Vol Bleach to the Hendigo and letting it sit for 45 minutes. I was surprised that I experienced minimal damage. The top section of my hair has become a light brown with a warm undertone and the bottom has unfortunately turned a pale/silver green (not a huge problem as I plan to use a Manic Panic dye over it).

After my Bleaching treatment I smothered it in Mustard Oil (a miracle product - absolutely recommend - and since washing that out my hair is soft and damage is minimal)

I am thinking about bleaching my hair again within two weeks and I'm hoping to get it to a light enough colour so then I can apply my desired Vegan dye. (If not, I may result to another bleach bath thereafter).

My question is whether anyone has experience bleaching over Henigo and reaching a colour that they desire. How does bleached out Henna work in conjunction to vegan dye?

I will document my progress if anyone is interested.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Does anyone have success removing Hendigo with Bleach?

The usual problems are that henna takes a lot of bleaching to get it not-orange (sometimes more than more fragile hair can handle) and that indigo turns the greenish shade you noticed when bleached. Less of a problem if you're planning on dyeing wild colors, but tough to look natural after.

I'll wish you luck and encourage you to take pictures. I'm not confident you'll have great luck with it, though. We tend to warn people away from henna and indigo around here, if they're the sorts who like changing colors regularly and want to keep long hair. It's just too much work to get them out, relative to more conventional products.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!